I'm an Economy Energy Customer - What do I need to know?

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

To update on what's going on, hopefully you'll now be aware, Economy Energy, has ceased trading and Ofgem (the GB energy regulator) has decided that Boost Power will be taking over all PAYG Economy Energy customers energy supply.

We added lots of useful information to our website to help answers some of the common questions we've already been seeing coming through.

If you have a question about the transition, please check here first and if your question is not covered, please post below so that we can have a look and let know what happens next.

Here are a couple of the most common questions we've seen so far:

How will my energy supply be affected?
Don’t worry – there won’t be any disruption to your supply while we transfer your energy account to Boost. We’ll take care of everything over the next few weeks, and once everything is handled, we’ll let you know and send you a welcome pack.

How do I top up?
If you have a traditional meter, you need to keep topping up as normal using the same top-up keys and cards, otherwise, you’ll risk being disconnected.
If you have a smart meter, you need to keep topping up as normal so that you don’t disconnect once your energy account has been fully transferred. Once your account has been transferred to OVO, we’ll review your credit balance and provide further details.

What about my Warm Home Discount?
Don’t worry, we’ll be honouring all Warm Home Discount payments to all eligible customers. More details will follow.

Hopefully for most of the customers it will be smooth transition, but there is a lot to do, so please bear with us as we navigate through moving you to Boost.

97 replies

Userlevel 1
I currently have a smart meter supplied by economy. How will this affect my change over?
Userlevel 1
I have a smart meter with econmy energy, i never knew anything about being switched to boost until i recieved an email couple of days ago, my switch doesnt happen until 25th January but my smart meter has changed from £10 emergency to £5 can someone tell me why this has happened??
Userlevel 1
It's a nightmare. Revived a letter addressed to a tenant who moved five years ago saying boost are taking over our energy supply. So you have wrong name and wrong company so far. Tried phoning on all numbers can't get past waiting times of over 30 minutes funny they never come down. Tried call back option oh surprise nobody called back. Tried email haha no reply. You now have a concerned disabled tenant who appears to be being hijacked!!
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Johnmal wrote:

I currently have a smart meter supplied by economy. How will this affect my change over?

Hi John,

If you had Smart Meters installed by EE, then they will work with OVO so nothing to worry about that.

Carenmckie wrote:

I have a smart meter with econmy energy, i never knew anything about being switched to boost until i recieved an email couple of days ago, my switch doesnt happen until 25th January but my smart meter has changed from £10 emergency to £5 can someone tell me why this has happened??

Caren, its part of the process that we are now responsible for taking over all of EE's customers, you have been moved to Boost. We did email and send letters to all customers to let them know, so maybe this went into your junk or spam folder. Worth taking a look. OVO's emergency credit is £5, thats why it will have dropped as we use different systems.

Darran
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
CarenP wrote:

It's a nightmare. Revived a letter addressed to a tenant who moved five years ago saying boost are taking over our energy supply. So you have wrong name and wrong company so far. Tried phoning on all numbers can't get past waiting times of over 30 minutes funny they never come down. Tried call back option oh surprise nobody called back. Tried email haha no reply. You now have a concerned disabled tenant who appears to be being hijacked!!

Hi Caren, we only contacted with the information we've been supplied by EE, so apologies that they hadn't updated their records before the transfer to Boost.

We are extremely busy at the moment, so if you need help or support, you can reach out to us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/

Darran
Im trying to find out about money owed to me by EE and as OVO have taken everything over what do i need to do if anything ?
dont want to start calling as sure 325,000 extra customers ustomer service are a little busy.
so question is, have OVO taken over debts aswell as i jumped ship about December 2018 time.
do i need to contact anyone ?
Any help would be greatly received.
best regards
keith.
im an old economy energy customer who has been switched over to you but I have not supply when I tried to top up my gas meter display states battery failure. it is an old pay as you go meter.
I have spent over three hours since Monday trying to get through to someone but no joy ... I have tried all number including the so called emergency one to no avail.

i have two children one with severe asthma and currently no heating or water... this is unacceptable customer service and I am very annoyed to be fair...

advise be nice please???????
I have received letters saying I'm getting switched from econemy energy to Boost, they say I'll receive the cards in the post no later than 2 days before my switch date. My switch date is today, when will I receive the cards I don't want to put anymore money on the meters incase I loose it. Also will I need a new IHD that is conpatable with boost or can I use the one I have now? Also how can I create an account?It's not sending my an email to the one I have provided. And the phone numbers are useless
Hi, I was an EE customer so my switch is meant to happen tomorrow. I have downloaded the app so that I can add credit to my meter once the switch happens. However on the app it says I should receive my smart payment card the day before but I still do not have this. Will this affect my ability to top up my meter?

Thanks
I notice that since my account has been taken over by yourselves from EE that my weekly charge has increased to £4.02. I switched to EE to keep this charge down why am I being charged so much? I have only received a letter saying you have taken over my account so far, I have not had any billing/rate info yet. Also can I change my meter and pay by direct debit? Many thanks
I am so angry with this service I was on the phone on hold for 3 hours with this new boost energy, blocked my meter had no heating with a newborn then said I had thus new debt of £39 when I just topped up £40, managed to get it put on last night cut off again this morning on the phone for 3 more hours has to top again that's £60 in 2 days for no gas, do I have mug across my head there service is rubbish and I'm finding a new company.
I am an ex Economy Energy customer and at the moment I still have credit on both my gas and electric meters. My concern is that on my Boost start up day (30th January) I will lose all my credit/money off my meters.
Will this happen?
Userlevel 1
I'm one of the Economy Energy customers being switched to Boost. The email said we'll all be put on the Standard Variable Tariff. What happens if, like me, you are currently on an Economy 7 tariff?
Userlevel 1
I hope you have managed to get your power back on Tray305. I think Boost and Ovo are completely inundated. Not entirely their fault. What makes me angry is that the government has allowed this chaos to happen and not done enough to protect vulnerable customers who are currently left in limbo. I hope you have sorted something out by now. Economy Energy should never have left you with a shabby old meter.
I’ve never heard of boost looking at how bad customer service is with this company and all of us that have been forced to switch over without any other options then left with no money on our meters or no way of topping up is an absolute disgrace
I havnt received a welcome pack or any payment cards to be able to top up with
i have a young disabled son I can’t put the gas on as I’ve only got £4 emergency in there instead of my usual £10 how am I supposed to be able to top up today??????
I am an ex economy energy customer. I have not received my cards and need to top up how can i do this??
hello tracy , im in the same situation as you , im disabled and have 50p on my electric as I write this and no way of topping up , its disgusting , I got an email on the 12th of jan telling me about what was going to happen , but nothing since , I phoned yesterday to top up but were closed message said they were open today 9 till 1 so I phoned at 10:30 and they were closed ?? so now I am running out I don't know what im going to do I have chd, arthritis,fibromyalgia , depression and anxiety and on top of that flu at the moment , this is terrible and we cant get in touch how ridiculous .
do we need new smart meters fitting in our homes and will I need a new app to pay my gas and electricity on my phone or can I still throw my economy energy app
I haven't recd my gas and lec card yet.due to be switched on 2nd feb
Userlevel 1
I am a bew customer to boost transferred from economy energy, am i eligabile for the £30 new customer offer?
I am a new customer transferred from economy energy, I cannot log into app my switch date is tomorrow 29th, I have received no card, the app doesn’t recognise my email or password help!!
Userlevel 1
old Economy Energy customer. taken on by Boost. Officially switching account 29.1.19 but not yet had notification of account number. How long does it take to notify customers of account number. on PAYG.
Userlevel 1
I am a former economy enery customer who only found out threw a letter iv been put on boost who hasn't sent me a key or card so no gas for my disabled mum or 4 children great service guys no one answers phone can not wait to change providers
Well I'm really angry now. I was supposed to be transfered over 25th. No keys no information how to top up. Tried ringing get put on hold and no ring back. All I want is to sort the app so I can top up my gas and electricity.
I recieved my welcome pack 18th it said that I would be moved 25th and revive my cards. 2 days beforehand. Its now 29th I've recieved no cars, cannot top up, no information how to use the app. Attempted phoning a few. Times no ring back and I am getting a little tired of it now. Can anyone sort this out please?

Cookies

Like most websites the Boost Community uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on this site.

Accept and Close Cookie settings