Solved

The switch over to Boost is cancelled, but my previous supplier has confirmed I'm leaving - Will I be left without energy?

• 29 October 2019
  • 1 reply

Hope someone can help. I was changing over from my current supplier to Boost. I got the welcome e-mail, then today I got an e-mail saying that they are cancelling because I have credit meters. Infact I have prepayment meters for both gas and electricity.

I have now had an e-mail from my current suppliers saying that they are sorry I’m leaving.  Am I going to be left without gas and electricity.

I have tried phoning Boost but their lines are busy.

icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 29 October 2019, 15:17

Hey @Linda G, don’t worry, you’ll still have energy to your property no matter what happens!

If you have a certain type of smart meter that we’re unable to communicate with, we may confuse it with a credit meter and cancel the switch. To sort this out, you’ll need to get these changed with your current supplier. Just ask them to remove the smart meters and put regular prepayment meters back in. We’d then be able to switch you over and install our smart meters if that’s what you want.

If this isn’t quite right, and you have standard meters, let us know by calling 0330 102 7517, or if you’d prefer, send a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @Linda G, don’t worry, you’ll still have energy to your property no matter what happens!

If you have a certain type of smart meter that we’re unable to communicate with, we may confuse it with a credit meter and cancel the switch. To sort this out, you’ll need to get these changed with your current supplier. Just ask them to remove the smart meters and put regular prepayment meters back in. We’d then be able to switch you over and install our smart meters if that’s what you want.

If this isn’t quite right, and you have standard meters, let us know by calling 0330 102 7517, or if you’d prefer, send a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.