F.A.Q.

Switching to Boost - FAQ

• 8 July 2019
  • 9 replies
Switching to Boost - FAQ
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I've just applied to switch to Boost, when do I get confirmation?

First of all, if you're reading this, welcome to the Boost family! It's great to have you with us.

After you've applied to switch to us, whether that be via our online switching tool or via one of our advisors over the phone, you should expect to receive our welcome pack within 5 working days. This letter
(or email) will hold all the information of the plan and pay as you go method you've selected, as well as your supply start date with us!

I've got smart meters, so what happens next?

If you've already got smart meters installed in your property and you've chosen to switch to us, we've got all the details you need to understand what happens next here!

Traditional Pay as You Go: Where's my new top up cards?

You may find that as your supply start date with us edges closer and closer, that your new Boost top up cards haven't turned up yet. But, you needn't worry as they can be expected to be delivered anywhere between 5 days before and after your supply date with us. And, for any issues where they haven't turned up, you should still be able to use your old suppliers cards to keep yourself topped up in the meantime, whilst we investigate what's happened to them!

Hot tip: If you've got a large bit of credit built up on your meters, from your last supplier, we would advise you to use as much of this up as possible before registering your new Boost top up cards. Sometimes, popping in the new cards could wipe the credit on the meters, so we advise its best practice to deal with it this way to avoid any issues with your switch over process.

Traditional Pay as You Go: I've only received one top up key/card, what do I do?

As explained in the previous answer above, it's not unusual to get one key/card before another within the 5 day period, before and after your supply date.

If this period has passed and you're missing, either, your top up key or card, you're still able (as mentioned above) to use your old supplier key/card to keep yourself topped up.

If it's an emergency, and you don't have your new Boost key or card, and you also don't have your old supplier key or card, we can help you there. Just jump to the bottom of this FAQ and you'll find all of our contact details!

Traditional Pay as You Go: Help! What do I do if my meter is faulty and off supply?

Well this isn't a great experience to have when switching suppliers. But, here's what you need to know if it happens and where to go during this process!

If you experience any off supply issues, or meter faults, before your supply start date with us, you'll need to get in touch with your current supplier. Your meters and supplies will still be within their responsibility to cover and sort out before you've fully come over to us.

If you've come on supply with us and you're experiencing any off supply issues, or meter faults, then don't hesitate to get in touch with us straight away. We'll aim to get your back on supply as a top priority. Check the end of this FAQ for all of our contact channels you'll need in such a scenario!

I want smart meters, can Boost provide this?

It's great to hear you'd like to upgrade to smart technology for your pay as you go services. Having smart meter's, as a pay as you go customer, has lots of benefits to offer, let alone allowing us to provide you a quicker and more details customer service experience.

More on smart meters here!

If this sounds like something you'd like to go ahead and book, you can book yourself an appointment in here. You'll have to be on supply with us to be able to book an appointment, as you'll need your account number handy! If you'd be more comfortable getting help with booking an appointment in, just pop us a call on our number mentioned at the bottom of this FAQ and one of our advisors will book this in with you over the phone!

I've changed my mind, I don't want to switch any more. What do I do?

We'd like to pretend this wasn't a part of the journey, but you may decide you don't want to go ahead and switch over to Boost.

We certainly hope this isn't the case, but if you decide you'd like to cancel the switch over process here's what you'll need to do.

At any point during the 14 day cancellation period (from the date you've requested to switch to us) you can cancel the process. We'll withdraw the request to switch to your current supplier so nothing changes with your supply. For ways to get in touch about cancelling your switch, check out the contact details at the bottom of this FAQ!

If you've gone over your cool off period then the request to switch cannot be withdrawn by us. Not to worry though, as we've got advice for you in case you really don't want to stay with us. We advise in this situation that you wait until you've come on supply with us, waited for the account set up to have completed (this can take up to 3-4 weeks) and then you can get in touch with your old supplier (or new supplier of your choice) to request they take over your supply from us. They should then aim to take over your supply within a 3-4 week period.

Why are Boost taking over my supply when I never requested this?

Unfortunately, sometimes mistakes like this can happen and it's not always intentional.

Luckily, we've already got a great FAQ that covers this topic and you can find it here!

How do I get in contact with Boost if I've got an issue or question?

In case there is any areas that have not been covered in this FAQ, or you'd simply like to get in touch with us to sort out one of the issues raised, you'll find all the details you need below.

You can reach us via these contact channels:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Telephone: 0330 102 7517 (8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday and between 9am - 1pm Saturdays)
  • Email: hello@boostpower.co.uk (usual responses take around 24-48 hours)
We wish you a smooth and stress free journey to us at Boost!

9 replies

My name is Mrs Gillian Sidney my account is 7463575 got supplied today 7/10/2019 with boost when can i topup
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hey @Gilliansidney!

I moved your question here to give you a good run down of what to expect once you've switched across to Boost.

I hope you get all the answers you need and if you need any other questions, check out the extra help section above!

Cheers,
Bradley

Hi, recently changed over to Boost. My previous gas & electric supplys I had nearly £160 credit between them, still waiting for this to be transferred to my new meters, anyone know how long this takes? Thanks. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @derobr75 

I’ve moved your question to this existing topic to help you.

If you’ve had new smart meters installed by us, we’ll aim to get the new credit on to your new meters within 7 working days. If it’s gone past this time now, reach out to Boost via there Facebook account here, or pop them an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks,

Bradley 

My Gas is with Boost but I want to move my electric, how do I transfer?? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Great to hear you want to move your electricity over to Boost, @so302ua!

I’ve moved your query to this topic as it offers a lot of details about the whole switching process to Boost from other suppliers.

If you want to bring your electricity supply over with your gas, just pop our team a call on the number mentioned above and they can discuss this with you.

Let us know how you get on,

Bradley

Userlevel 1

Hi i have switched to boost today but I have no cards to top up I have ran down my meter so o tried to use my old cards bit they aren't working now how can i top up 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Jackiesin 

I’ve popped your query here to help you out. If you check out the topic above there is a section dedicated to top up cards.

You might just need to reach out to the Boost care team on the contact info above to chase these up.

Let us know how you get on,

Bradley 

Userlevel 1

It's ok thanks I got my card