Once you've said ‘yes please’ to joining Boost, your switch will get underway. The 3 step process is really simple.
1. You’ll get a welcome pack via email, with everything you need to know about your chosen tariff, your expected switch date, your supply details and your cancellation period.
2. You’ve got 14 calendar days to change your mind from the day you sign up, so check all the information in the welcome pack carefully and get in touch if you'd like to change anything. Just let us know (by email or by phone) if anything needs changing, or if Boost is not for you.
3. We'll post your new payment key and card for your meters. There is a 10 working day window to receive these, spanning from 5 working days before your supply start date to 5 working days after.
Here's some important things to know whilst you wait:
- When your new key and card arrive, you should start using them straight away after your supply start date.
- As you start to get close to your Boost start date, avoid making any big top ups with your old key and card, as you could lose this credit when you register your new ones.
- You can top up at any PayPoint. We'll include instructions with your new key and card on how to register them before topping up.
- If you have remaining credit when you register your Boost key and card, you can contact your old supplier for a refund.
- If you already have a smart meter, we'll send you a different type of payment card and instructions on how to register it.
Its a pretty simple process, but if you are still not clear on something or think of something we haven't covered, comment below and we will do what we can to help or see if any other users have any help and advice to offer.
Here's a more up to date explanation to the process (it may show more information too!): Switching to Boost.