Solved

Why is my gas card not working?

• 26 December 2018
  • 20 replies

Looking for some advice I topped up my gas card yesterday £30 credit have got receipt of purchase.

went to put the £30 in the gas meter and the card isn’t Regitering.

is there any were a can get a replacement card as everything is closed as it’s Christmas.

Only have £3.52 in my gas a y help would be much appreciated thanks.
icon

Best answer by Lucy_Boost 28 December 2018, 16:35

@Kevin-85 If you have an emergency situation or you're having troubles topping up, @Sophie1983 is right - you'll need to speak to the team about this.

They'll need to know what error your meter is displaying (e.g. Card Fail 35, Card Fail followed by numbers, Card not accepted etc) so they can take the best next steps to help.

Information on the Boost Customer Care teams opening times over the festive period can be found here: https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/get-to-know-boost-17/important-information-on-our-festive-opening-hours-665. The team are in until 6pm so give them a call to get this sorted - they'll be happy to help.

Hope you get this resolved soon. 👍

Lucy
View original

20 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi call 0330 1027517 or email hello@boostpower.co.uk or send message to facebook messenger or Twitter or instagram account and they will help you
Kindest regards
Sophie xx
Thanks I have phoned the number posted and there shut, also emailed them as well but not had a reply yet.

my boost gas card had £30 in it but the metre is t reading it so will try then tomorrow again.

Now down to £2.16p

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Ok they should put this right for you as appears to be technical problem
Yeah ave been on the phone from last night and not got through to any one will need to buy some storage heaters in.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
@Kevin-85 If you have an emergency situation or you're having troubles topping up, @Sophie1983 is right - you'll need to speak to the team about this.

They'll need to know what error your meter is displaying (e.g. Card Fail 35, Card Fail followed by numbers, Card not accepted etc) so they can take the best next steps to help.

Information on the Boost Customer Care teams opening times over the festive period can be found here: https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/get-to-know-boost-17/important-information-on-our-festive-opening-hours-665. The team are in until 6pm so give them a call to get this sorted - they'll be happy to help.

Hope you get this resolved soon. 👍

Lucy
Thanks all the meter needs changed booked in for 3rd if January and they put emergency on it for me this morning.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Many thanks for letting us know hope this corrected quickly for you
Kindest regards
Sophie x
I have just received my new gas card, activated it in the meter, top up by £20 and now the meter is saying “card not accepted” we are getting low on gas, the phone lines are too busy (over 2 hours wait), I’ve requested a ring back too...no call back, and my emails are not getting any answers, is there any way I can get some gas before I run out completely???
Urgh wish I never swapped energy suppliers now!
thanks in advance for any help.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
HI @Carolyn - I've moved your topic onto here - does the information above help?
When I go to the shop to top up the money won't go on my card
Tpped up my gas card today as usual. Put the care into the meter and it didn't work. Said there's nothing on the card. Went back to the shop and payment shows it was successful. Phoned up and explained the situation to be told to go back to the shop at 7pm and do a zero vend which will apparently sort the problem out. Shop keeper had no idea what on earth it was but did it anyway. He even asked if it was a refund but tbh I've no idea. No surprise it didn't fix the issue. What do I do now as without heating and have small children.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Phoned up and explained the situation to be told to go back to the shop at 7pm and do a zero vend which will apparently sort the problem out. Shop keeper had no idea what on earth it was but did it anyway.

I hope you've managed to get this sorted @Nat. We've sent a message to a PayPoint for you to collect your refund. To pick up the message on your gas card you need to do a £0 top up or £0 vend.

If you're collecting a PayPoint Message you will need to ask the cashier to preform a £0 top up,
If the cashier is unsure of a £0 top up process, please advise the following:

Retailer inserts customers OVO Energy/Boost Card into the PayPoint terminal
Selects the amount of top up (£0.00) and presses confirm
Retailer removes card and hands receipt and card to customer
Please then check your receipt displays message received or message acknowledged

If they experience any further issues they can call the PayPoint Helpline on 0800 310 0000.

You'll need to have an OVO or Boost branded gas card for this to work.

If you're off supply, please call our Customer Care team ASAP on 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

Eva
My my emergency credit has run out I spoke to an advisor today who assured me after 16 if I took my card to the shop I would be issued a £30 credit until I get paid I've done this and it's not coming my metre I cannot talk because I've got two gas cooker I have no hot water or central heating and I have two children and I can't get hold of anyone I'm really stressed out at the minute and boost is not a very good company considering I'm out of gas and I was told and out-of-hours time to be able to get my gas knowing that I cannot phone the opening back up to get any of help can someone please tell me what I can do in order to get this £30 issued to my metre I'm not on a smart metre
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I've moved your post here, @NIKINOKI35, the refund process is the same as collecting the discretionary credit we have awarded you. You'll find information on how to do this above, if you have not managed to collect the credit.

Cheers!
OK thank you and am sorted now thanks for advice. It was sorted by Sun afternoon once my msg was picked up on messenger.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Glad to hear, @NIKINOKI35, thanks for letting us know ☺
Ok moved in to a property was told by boost to use British Gas card which I did use previous tenants. Went to top it up again and it won’t register on meter. Given a code and told to go shop to pick up any gas card other then British Gas did so put in meter nothing happened went pay point and they said card was coming up unregistered
for god sake someone help! Power is off on gas and I can’t activate the emergency credit
Userlevel 4
Badge
@stressedlady I've moved your topic over here as the info is quite relevant.

I hope you've already got it sorted, but if not, check Eva's answer for the next steps.

Phoned up and explained the situation to be told to go back to the shop at 7pm and do a zero vend which will apparently sort the problem out. Shop keeper had no idea what on earth it was but did it anyway.I hope you've managed to get this sorted @Nat. We've sent a message to a PayPoint for you to collect your refund. To pick up the message on your gas card you need to do a £0 top up or £0 vend.

If you're collecting a PayPoint Message you will need to ask the cashier to preform a £0 top up,
If the cashier is unsure of a £0 top up process, please advise the following:

Retailer inserts customers OVO Energy/Boost Card into the PayPoint terminal
Selects the amount of top up (£0.00) and presses confirm
Retailer removes card and hands receipt and card to customer
Please then check your receipt displays message received or message acknowledged

If they experience any further issues they can call the PayPoint Helpline on 0800 310 0000.

You'll need to have an OVO or Boost branded gas card for this to work.

If you're off supply, please call our Customer Care team ASAP on 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

Eva

I phoned you tonight ti state that i had an error 35 card fail - i was told that all agents in Eastbourne have your cards - 45 minutes and 6 visits to different establishments later I still have no card and only £2.66 on emergency credit - explain

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Johnnyg65 

I’ve moved your question to this existing topic to best help you.

Have a look at the best answer by @Lucy_Boost above.

Also, I’m disappointed to hear you were potentially not directed to one of our gas card stockist as only one of our Boost/OVO gas cards will work. And, not all PayPoint’s stock our cards.

Let us know how you get on with this after reaching out to the Boost team.

Thanks,

Bradley