Solved

New meter installed, but no top up key. What can I do?

• 4 November 2019
  • 1 reply

Hello

Your engineer attended on the 29th October replace a faulty PAYG meter with a smart meter. The smart meter card was already sent. However he simply replaced the original traditional meter. So now this meter cannot be topped up without a new key which we do not have. The local pay points are out of stock of keys.

They now have only 16p on the new meter and are unable to top it up.

It seems they will run out of electricity very soon.

This needs to be resolved immediately today. What can be done.

Do you have a live chat?

Regards

William Smallwood

icon

Best answer by Bradley_Boost 5 November 2019, 14:36

Hey @William 

I’ve made some very slight changes to your topic just to make it easier for other users to find. 

I’m glad to hear your faulty meter got replaced and Boost should be able to get you a new top up card quickly. The only issue we have is that the gas meters will only accept Boost/OVO gas cards, so one will need to be collected from one of our local gas card stockists.

Unfortunately, we don’t have web chat services available, but this may be something we are offering in the future. 

In the meantime, I’d urge you to call the Boost care team on  0330 1027517, between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday to get a new card issued asap.

Let me know how you get on!

Cheers,

Bradley 

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @William 

I’ve made some very slight changes to your topic just to make it easier for other users to find. 

I’m glad to hear your faulty meter got replaced and Boost should be able to get you a new top up card quickly. The only issue we have is that the gas meters will only accept Boost/OVO gas cards, so one will need to be collected from one of our local gas card stockists.

Unfortunately, we don’t have web chat services available, but this may be something we are offering in the future. 

In the meantime, I’d urge you to call the Boost care team on  0330 1027517, between 8am - 8pm, Monday to Friday to get a new card issued asap.

Let me know how you get on!

Cheers,

Bradley