Solved

New customer who's not received my top-up key and card

**UPDATED on 16/07/2019**

Not received my top-up key and card, and my energy switches over tomorrow. How can I contact someone, please?
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 28 March 2018, 17:08

Hi @Beaverteeth welcome and thanks for posting,

Normally there is a 10 day window for you to receive them spanning from 5 working days before you come on supply to 5 working days after. Sound like there is still 5 days to recieve this but if they don't arrive in this time frame, you can message the Boost team through Facebook, twitter, email or phone. https://www.boostpower.co.uk/help#contactnumbers.

Hope this helps
View original

16 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @Beaverteeth welcome and thanks for posting,

Normally there is a 10 day window for you to receive them spanning from 5 working days before you come on supply to 5 working days after. Sound like there is still 5 days to recieve this but if they don't arrive in this time frame, you can message the Boost team through Facebook, twitter, email or phone. https://www.boostpower.co.uk/help#contactnumbers.

Hope this helps
Have I made a mistake moving to boost, when they can't even supply a new credit key on the date they take over the account. I ran down my credit as suggested and awaited the key to arrive, now 4 days have passed and still no key, I phoned and was told it can take up to 5 days. I'm having to pop to the shop daily now to keep myself in credit. Not a good start by boost.
Day 5 and still no key, very poor customer service
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @tig what you were told is correct. It can take up to 5 working days after coming on supply for you to receive your key/card. if your top up card hasn't arrived in today or Mondays mail please reach out to the customer care team for a replacement key to be sent instead.

In the meantime, please use your old suppliers key/card if you need to top up.
Need a new card office closed?
Userlevel 1
So my meters are almost ran out, I had to turn on the emergency credit and tried to top up yesterday but my switch over date was the 25th and was supposed to receive some key cards which of course never arrived. Rang the line and couldn’t get through. I have 75p emergency credit left and I really don’t know what to do, it’s an absolute joke there’s no contact on a Sunday and I’m starting to panic. I’ve tried to register with the Boost app and that and it’s frankly impossible, I have no customer number and apparently my email hasn’t been registered with them even though I did that over the phone. Anyone any ideas on what to do, barring buying a load of candle and hoping for the best?
Still awaiting my gas and electric cards to arrive. Due to be switched tomorrow? Supposed to have received them last week.
Having just received a letter today about the change over that was yesterday, and being told that we will receive a new key and card 2 days prior and not received them yet, plus reading on and it says not to top up too much on old card/key to much, what is too much? i only ask as i am currently sat in my house with no heating, freezing searching for answers as to how much do i put on my old card or key, can someone please help me with some answers have tried ringing but cannot afford to be on hold for 45 mins and the other phone line is out of order, i am know, spent the last 20 mins signing up to this forum in a last attempt to gain some answers, a very confused customer and anew customer somewhat uneasy of this take over.🙄😫
Hi I need help,
Ida received mail to say i have been switched of to you & that my electric key should have arrived days before th i letter but as of yet i have received no electric key to top up my meter. WHAT DO I DO!!
I joined Boost from EE. My contract started on 29th January. My new key was supposed to arrive no later than 2 days BEFORE my contract was due to start. The key has not arrived. I do have some EE credit left so I'm living off that atm. I have emailed twice with no response and tried to phone 3 times. Waiting times were 155 mins, 172 mins, 179 mins and 93 mins. Can't afford the cost of the call. 3 hrs @ 50p a minute? Almost £100 on a phone call? Don't think so!!!! Awful customer service. No better than EE.
What do i do when my credit runs out and no new key? My flat is all electric. I won't even be able to make a hot drink. Where is my key?
I think i will be moving to a more reliable supplier. this is pathetic.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
@poshtart, @Daveyand @Harry Dalton@Shelley0410 - I've moved your posts over here. Hope this gives you the info you need!
I’ve swapoed both gas and electric but only got gas card no electric key my swap date was 2 weeks ago I’m waiting for smart meter sud I get electric key aswell
I have no gas or electric keys . Boost said the move is complete .. I dont think so
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
@Carlystepney , @Wendy Taylor and @Maurice - I've moved your posts over here where you can find information about your new cards arriving.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We've been extremely busy in the last couple of weeks after inheriting Economy Energy's customers as they've ceased trading. We're working really hard to get back to everyone as soon as we can - we're sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I haven't received my electronic cand and my moving date is 2 day

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Did this arrive in the post, @Misty18 ?

Sometimes the Royal Mail can be held up a few days. Make sure to carry on using your old ones until ours arrive.