Solved

I think my meter is faulty - can you help?

• 23 June 2018
  • 3 replies

My meter is lit up with no display and found out today neither of us has topped up for about 2 months
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 24 June 2018, 04:49

Hi @Bencroxy welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. I hope you are enjoying the weekend?!

I'm concerned to read what you've said as this does not sound right, it sounds like your meter may need to be inspected and repaired/replaced. I'll do my best to advise you on how to remedy the situation as detailed below,

1) you mention neither of you in your household have topped up for around two months, it's advisable to discuss between yourselves how you will be able to cover the energy costs for the period of not topping up. This will aid you when you do step 5 below

2) reach out to the boost customer care team at your earliest opportunity when they open after the weekend. Explain what you've mentioned here about the faulty meter. You can do this by Facebook, Twitter, email or phone. In this situation i would suggest phoning boost.

3) boost will, if necessary, arrange for a meter engineer to visit and get the meter working properly.

4) advise boost you are aware that you've not topped up for this length of time but not been cut off supply. Boost staff will be able to review your account and advise your energy usage over this period and what your outstanding balance is.

5) after you have completed point 1, request a payment plan so that paying whatever is owed does not cause financial hardship and the repayment rate is affordable.

I am sure the lovely folks in customer care will help get things sorted when you reach out to them, however please do feel free to post any updates, questions or alike here where we shall do our best to help you
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @Bencroxy welcome to the forum and thank you for posting. I hope you are enjoying the weekend?!

I'm concerned to read what you've said as this does not sound right, it sounds like your meter may need to be inspected and repaired/replaced. I'll do my best to advise you on how to remedy the situation as detailed below,

1) you mention neither of you in your household have topped up for around two months, it's advisable to discuss between yourselves how you will be able to cover the energy costs for the period of not topping up. This will aid you when you do step 5 below

2) reach out to the boost customer care team at your earliest opportunity when they open after the weekend. Explain what you've mentioned here about the faulty meter. You can do this by Facebook, Twitter, email or phone. In this situation i would suggest phoning boost.

3) boost will, if necessary, arrange for a meter engineer to visit and get the meter working properly.

4) advise boost you are aware that you've not topped up for this length of time but not been cut off supply. Boost staff will be able to review your account and advise your energy usage over this period and what your outstanding balance is.

5) after you have completed point 1, request a payment plan so that paying whatever is owed does not cause financial hardship and the repayment rate is affordable.

I am sure the lovely folks in customer care will help get things sorted when you reach out to them, however please do feel free to post any updates, questions or alike here where we shall do our best to help you
I need an engineer sent out to look at my electric box , it won't take payments from my key
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi @Jonesscott

I've moved your topic to this existing one to try and help you.

If you feel your meter is faulty, just follow @mattj3135's advice above to get this sorted out asap!

Let us know how you get on,
Bradley