Solved

Why does my balance drop straight away after topping up?

• 17 January 2019
  • 7 replies

Hi there. Can someone tell me,if I put £20 on card,do I get the full credit or do they charge for using PAYG. When I was with another company,if I put £20 on Iwould only get about £18 credit.
icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 11 February 2019, 12:35

Hi there. Can someone tell me,if I put £20 on card,do I get the full credit or do they charge for using PAYG. When I was with another company,if I put £20 on Iwould only get about £18 credit.

Hi @prezo1

If your balance drops when you top up, it will likely be unpaid standing charges, unpaid emergency credit, or a debt's been loaded onto the account.

Look on Boost Answers for info on these possibilities, or let us know your set up so we can advise!
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @prezo1

If your balance drops when you top up, it will likely be unpaid standing charges, unpaid emergency credit, or a debt's been loaded onto the account.

Look on Boost Answers for info on these possibilities, or let us know your set up so we can advise!

Anyone else had this issue my old man been topping up 20 pound and they been taking 14 pound off like every 2 weeks why is this boost! Been doing this for a year and I just found out and he did not receive a welcome pack when you took over from old supplier and try and ring you guys but always hang up after 5 mins

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @Marlen401 

It sounds like a standing charge debt to me. 

If you are in your emergency credit, standing charge doesn’t get deducted, until you next top up an amount that would put you above 0. When you do this, it’s all taken at once, resulting in a balance that was less then your top up. 

Let me know what you think,
Tim

Good theary but I don't even have the chance to get emergency credit just puts the 6 pound there and when I use that within maybe 3 4 days just washing up I can't use gas again and I didn't receive a welcome pack or anything so I don't know if it's that but as I said I can't get through with them on the phone 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for confirming, @Marlen401 

The next most likely reason is that there’s a debt loaded onto the meter. Can you send us a piccy of the meter showing the display screen?

There it is 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks @Marlen401 - it’s handy to have this piccy. 

I can see you’re meter at the point of taking this photo was in emergency credit, meaning every day that passes a standing charge debt will accrue. 

If you press A for a second time, you’d be able to view if there’s any loaded debt.