Solved

Why can I not log on to the Boost app? I want to book a smart meter appointment!

• 2 January 2022
  • 7 replies

Issues logging on, when i log on online it says I need a new meter and can't log on online. Cannot get past my login screen on boost app.

I have not received a new card yet and cannot get on the app for the digital one!!!!

icon

Best answer by Jess_Boost 4 January 2022, 17:48

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Sorry for any confusion, @loueus77 -

Sounds like you’ve still got traditional PAYG meters meaning you’ll need to get that upgraded to a Smart meter in order to use the Boost App. You can get a Smart meter appointment booked online here, you’ll just need your Boost account number and postcode. If you’re having trouble finding your account number (it should be listed at the top of your Boost welcome pack) not to worry you can also get the appointment arranged by giving the Support Team a call on 0117 332 3728.

Once your smart meter has been fitted you’ll then have access to the app and online account to check a snapshot of your balance and make your top-ups online.

Hope this helps - Pop back and let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

So around mid 2020 the energy company I was with went out of business and before I knew it I was passed to boost/ovo.

I have no login details. I have the account number and I receive emails asking how you’ve done so I’ve tried signing in with that email but it fails and I've tried all the steps you give others in the forum to reset the password to no avail.

I've even tried all the other emails I own in case it was one of those but, again, to no avail.

I've tried making an account but when it comes to entering the 19 digits from the smart top up card I have a key not a card and it has no lettering on it at all.

On the receipts I get there seems to ba a 19 digit number just before the 9 figure meter number but the 19 digit numbers not recognised.

So how do I log into my account or make an account? It's been around two years now.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @AbdulR and welcome to the Boost forum,

Sorry for any confusion, as our Boost app is only accessible for those with smart meters, I’m wondering if this could explain the difficulty you’re having when trying to login. I’ve moved your comment over to this related topic as there’s some helpful advice in the ‘Best answer’ above:

Sounds like you’ve still got traditional PAYG meters meaning you’ll need to get that upgraded to a Smart meter in order to use the Boost App. You can get a Smart meter appointment booked online here, you’ll just need your Boost account number and postcode. If you’re having trouble finding your account number (it should be listed at the top of your Boost welcome pack) not to worry you can also get the appointment arranged by giving the Support Team a call on 0117 332 3728.

Once your smart meter has been fitted you’ll then have access to the app and online account to check a snapshot of your balance and make your top-ups online.

Hope this helps - Pop back and let us know how you get on. :slight_smile:

I do have a bog standard PAYG meter but that aside the problem still stands.

I’ve tried both making an account and logging in online but have the same problem as above.

It can't be right that boost doesn't have a customer accounts page a customer can log into and see all the payments they’ve made, personal details etc.

And I see mention of a customer welcome pack. The only thing I've ever recieved from Boost/Ovo is the standard email (and I continuously get it) asking me to tell you how you're doing…..

If there is an account I can log into how and where do I do that? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for the reply, @AbdulR

If you have traditional meters, there won’t be an online Boost Top Up account for you to log into. The smart meter sends us your readings and balance updates, which then goes onto that Boost Top Up page. 

We will send new customers a welcome letter with all their info and prices, an annual statement every 12 months outlining their usage and costs, and a letter every time your prices change (as well as in advance of this change taking place). If you’re not getting these, I’d recommend you ask our Support team to check the email address we have on file for you. 

Lastly, you can get a Smart meter appointment booked online here, you’ll just need your Boost account number and postcode.

I’m not looking for anything to do with smart meters or smart topping up.

I’m looking for my electric account you must hold for me. I’m purchasing electricity with a plastic key. Someone is getting the money for the electricity I'm supplied. I’m wondering where I can see my account. Nothing more.

I was with another company that went out of business and was simply given to boost/Ovo as a customer without my input. I have never heard from boost/Ovo, ever, except the odd request for me to tell you how you're doing, by email and I know the email address you hold as you send this question on it.

Are you really telling me that there's not an account I can log onto?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Are you really telling me that there's not an account I can log onto?

That’s correct, @AbdulR, as I mentioned above:

If you have traditional meters, there won’t be an online Boost Top Up account for you to log into. The smart meter sends us your readings and balance updates, which then goes onto that Boost Top Up page. 

I’d like to use this opportunity to say that the plan is for every household to have a smart meter. Original plans by the government had the deadline for this in 2020 or perhaps 2021. When your meter needs to be replaced due to age, or a fault, a smart meter will be fitted. So your best bet for an online account is to get a smart meter fitted free of charge. See available appointments here

Here’s some info on what you’ll get as an app when those meters are fitted: