Solved

Who can I contact out of hours if my meter is displaying "call help"?

• 6 November 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

Our gas meter showing “call help”, we called and had an engineer sent out but that specific engineer wasn’t allowed to help. At this point, it was past 8pm and your out of hours number does not work it just keeps cutting off! Getting rather angry now as it’s freezing cold and would have been fixed by now if boost hadn’t sent out the wrong engineer in the first place!

icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 7 November 2018, 13:52

Updated on 16/09/2020 - There’s more info on weekend emergencies here.

Hi @Tara.shiraz,

I've changed the title of your post a bit so that other customers searching for help on the same issue will be able to find it.

As @Sophie1983 mentioned, when the meter says ‘call help’, this is generally due to a flat battery, which means we’ll need to exchange the meter as soon as possible for you.

If you're unable to get through to the team on the number @Sophie1983 provided above, I'd recommend dropping the team on Facebook or Twitter a message with your account number, full name and DoB so they can help.

That said, if you're off supply, it's important you call the team as soon as possible on 0330 102 7517.

Our opening hours are:
8am-8pm Monday-Fridays
9am-5pm Saturdays

Cheers,

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
The best thing I can do is advise to contact boost on 03301027517 and explain everything that's happened to them usually the call help message on gas meter refers to impending flat battery in the meter please let me know how you get on
Sophie
Userlevel 1
we called this morning as we kept trying last night and got no response on the phone or Facebook, they are sending someone out to have a look so will hopefully have heating back soon!

Thank you for your help x
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Your welcome hope everything gets sorted for you
Kindest regards
Sophie
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updated on 16/09/2020 - There’s more info on weekend emergencies here.

Hi @Tara.shiraz,

I've changed the title of your post a bit so that other customers searching for help on the same issue will be able to find it.

As @Sophie1983 mentioned, when the meter says ‘call help’, this is generally due to a flat battery, which means we’ll need to exchange the meter as soon as possible for you.

If you're unable to get through to the team on the number @Sophie1983 provided above, I'd recommend dropping the team on Facebook or Twitter a message with your account number, full name and DoB so they can help.

That said, if you're off supply, it's important you call the team as soon as possible on 0330 102 7517.

Our opening hours are:
8am-8pm Monday-Fridays
9am-5pm Saturdays

Cheers,

It is a Sunday, my key will not top up saying error 15. we are a family with 2 young children and a disability. We have had no electricity all day and phone lines are all shut. Any advice?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Sarah Dalziel - I've moved your post onto this thread where you can find more info.

Hi I have still not received my replacement gas card and it's Sunday. The phone lines are not open and I have 10p left on my gas meter. What do I do?

Our gas and electric was disconnected earlier today 11am I topped up at 11.30 the electric meter reset and is fine but the gas won’t. I called customer services at 4.30 and waited for half an hour then requested a call back, they didn’t call back and they are shut now and we have no heating or cooker so we really don’t know what to do now. Any ideas?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Jimichip - I've moved your post over here for more info on who to contact our of hours.

In future, if you meters don't come back on immediately after having topped up, you may need to type in A, A, B on the keypad to bring them back on.

Thanks