What's the process for switching to Boost with standard prepayment meters?

• 16 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2
*** UPDATED on 05/09/2019 ***

What happens if you’ve got standard (non smart) prepayment meters and you’ve started a switch to Boost?

Well you’ll get a welcome pack via email which confirms your tariff, your expected supply start date, your personal and supply details and your cancellation period.

You will have 14 calendar days to change your mind about a move to Boost (from the day you sign up). Just let us know (by email or by phone) if anything confirmed in your welcome pack needs changing, or if you want the switch to Boost cancelled.

We will then post your key (and card if you have a gas meter) up to 5 days after your supply start date. So carry on using your old supplier’s key and card until they arrive.

When ours do arrive, I’d recommend running your credit down before you insert our key and card into the metes. This is to avoid wiping any of this credit. Then go to any PayPoint to add credit and top up!

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Ah! This is awesome news! The emails from Boost were going into my Junk folder so I had no idea the switch was happening soon so topped up on my old key with £10 then came home to find a shiny new boost key posted through my door! I'm so glad I can rinse this old £10 down first then top up with boost!

So I'm assuming it won't just suddenly switch off haha? Thanks 🙂
Was told that my boost would be up and running today (28th January 2019) and I haven’t received an email but I have received my gas and electric card/key, it wouldn’t let me top up as it’s saying my account is inactive, wondering if anyone else has had this problem? And how is it solved? Just topped up my British Gas card/key and my meter accepted my gas card but refused my electricity key, help!!

Thanks in advance 🙂
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Was told that my boost would be up and running today (28th January 2019) and I haven’t received an email but I have received my gas and electric card/key,

Check out the main topic at the top, for info on joining Boost with standard traditional meters, @Beth Southgate

Tim