Solved

What do I do when my electricity meter display is blank?

• 6 August 2018
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,

I joined Boost as a customer on Friday 3rd of August. I’ve a ‘pay as you go’ meter. I noticed on Saturday that meter display is blank. Everything was OK on Friday. It’s light up but there’s no digits. I’ve pushed a blue button few times, pushed and hold and also I’ve topped up the key but after put it in meter nothing happened. Now I don’t know is it topped up or not and how much credit left. Could you help me please?

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 7 August 2018, 17:28

I noticed on Saturday that meter display is blank.

@Derek this meter will need replacing. It will be in a non disconnecting 'credit' setting at the moment, but give us a call so we can diagnose whether the meter exchange needs to be short notice or not: 0330 102 7517.

As you’ve got traditional prepayment meters, you may benefit from getting a free smart meter upgrade. You can look at booking an appointment here!

* Updated 11/07/2019 - Number correct - off supply/faulty traditional meter information here! *

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I noticed on Saturday that meter display is blank.

@Derek this meter will need replacing. It will be in a non disconnecting 'credit' setting at the moment, but give us a call so we can diagnose whether the meter exchange needs to be short notice or not: 0330 102 7517.

As you’ve got traditional prepayment meters, you may benefit from getting a free smart meter upgrade. You can look at booking an appointment here!

* Updated 11/07/2019 - Number correct - off supply/faulty traditional meter information here! *

Userlevel 1
Hi,

thank you very much for reply. Problem has solved. I've called Boost and actually a meter will be replaced.
Userlevel 1
Hi....I know the initial query is about the electric meter, but the answer would still apply for you.
The only thing that's worth noting, is if you book a smart meter exchange - both your electric and gas meter will be exchanged.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey @Derek,

Great to hear this has been resolved for you.

Great point you raised there, @AraldoJanes, when a smart meter exchange is booked we will aim to replace both meters (if the customer is dual fuel). This then gives the customer access to our app and all things PAYG+.

Cheers!

Can someone help me. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Check out the best answer, @Maria29, I’m hoping this has now been resolved, if it hasn’t please call the team as soon as possible. 

Thanks!