Solved

We're combining two properties into one - how can I get my meters and supplies removed?

• 21 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

We are in the process of combining 2 properties into one - the new one has 2 Ovo/Boost PAYG metres (Gas and elec) we need these removing and the power connecting to our original property. 

How do we go about this pls? Do Ovo do it or can we hire registered trades to do it? 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 23 October 2020, 17:27

Great question this one, @ScarryFish - sounds like a big job!

For your gas and electricity supplies, you’ll need to arrange for an engineer to visit to remove the meters. 

Costs are £106 for each meter, or it’s £325 if your electricity meter is 3 phase.  

When you book this appointment in, make sure a request is started by the agent, to remove your supplies. This will mean they are taken off the national database. 

Call us to get this booked in here: 0330 102 7517

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Great question this one, @ScarryFish - sounds like a big job!

For your gas and electricity supplies, you’ll need to arrange for an engineer to visit to remove the meters. 

Costs are £106 for each meter, or it’s £325 if your electricity meter is 3 phase.  

When you book this appointment in, make sure a request is started by the agent, to remove your supplies. This will mean they are taken off the national database. 

Userlevel 1

Tim - when i called this number they instructed me to contact the national grid and that they would confirm in writing that this was what I need to do. They did not do this. 

I am at a loss. The phone operators do not want to help. How can I get these metres out. We are not putting any top ups on. Please help. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Dam it, thanks for the update though, @ScarryFish

Let’s play along and see how this route goes. 

For the electricity, reach out to your Distribution Network Operator (DNO), tell them what you need doing, and hopefully they back up what I say, or indeed are the ones you need to book an appointment with first. 

For the gas, it’s the same deal but with the National Grid

Keep this topic updated if you can…

Tim

Userlevel 1

Thanks Tim. Contact made. Will update. 

Userlevel 1

Ok spoken to the national grid who say that Ovo/Boost need to put in a request for their engineers to come and remove the gas meter. This will be done within 7 days. I cannot request this. Then it is between me and Ovo/Boost to close account. 

can you put this into action pls? Thanks 

Userlevel 1

From SP Energy 

The suppliers meter can be removed (by them, not us) and the main fuse removed from its carrier to form a disconnection. 

Please can you let me know how much this costs? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Thanks for confirming, @ScarryFish 

So I was correct the first time, and sadly the agent you spoke to on the phone seems to have made an error. 

We need to:

Arrange for an engineer to visit to remove the meters. 

You can let the agent on the phone know of this topic, give them the link and they can see this thread and get up to speed: 0330 102 7517.

Hope this helps,
Tim