Solved

Traditional gas meter not reading card that has top up on it - what can I do?

Its a Sunday my old style gas meter won't read card with top up on it. Only £1.00 emergency credit left. Tried contacting but not open till tomorrow. Emergency
icon

Best answer by Tim_Boost 29 August 2018, 17:27

Its a Sunday my old style gas meter won't read card with top up on it. Only £1.00 emergency credit left. Tried contacting but not open till tomorrow. Emergency

Hope this was sorted @Stellafaye

If you can't contact Boost over the phone as it's a Sunday, reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter. We're taking messages until at least 5pm Sunday.

Facebook

Twitter

If the card is broken on a Sunday, we might need to send out an engineer to replace the meter or add credit manually. On any other day we should be able to sort it by getting you to pick up a new card at a nearby PayPoint.

*Updated 18/07/2019 - All info correct*
View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hope this was sorted @Stellafaye

If you can't contact Boost over the phone as it's a Sunday, reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter. We're taking messages until at least 5pm Sunday.

Facebook

Twitter

If the card is broken on a Sunday, we might need to send out an engineer to replace the meter or add credit manually. On any other day we should be able to sort it by getting you to pick up a new card at a nearby PayPoint.

*Updated 18/07/2019 - All info correct*
Userlevel 1
Is there anyone to talk 2 on a sunday as I have no emergency gas credit and our property is freezing I don't get paid till Thursday and am registered as disabled aswell as having a 2 year old son that is freezing and ill
Userlevel 1
Is there anyone to talk 2 on a sunday as I have no emergency gas credit and our property is freezing I don't get paid till Thursday and am registered as disabled aswell as having a 2 year old son that is freezing and ill and needs to be warm
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hi @Leahlenk1991 please ring boost if you havent already, if you dont owe boost anything they can lend you £30 to your meters to help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
unfortunately support on a sunday is limited, please see my reply to your other post!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Leahlenk1991 and @mattj3135 - I've moved your posts about Sunday support onto this topic where we've already got some info. Check out Tim's "best answer" for some help.
I had a new gas meter fitted last Thursday. Went to top up gas on my card on Sunday and card not valid!! I was utterly disgusted to find out there is absolutely nothing that can be done to help on a Sunday???!!! So I had no hot water or heating all because my card was playing up and I am unable to get a new card without a code of which I can only get monday to Friday or Saturday morning??! I think this is ridiculous!! Every other provider had a 24 hour help line to issue a code except boost. Why? I still have no gas now because I phoned at 8am this morning...was given a code ...had to wait till after midday to use it. Went to the shop at 1pm and the code doesn't work. I've no got yet another code which I can't try until 5pm and if that doesn't work I'm going to run out of time because the office will close at 8pm. I cannot understand why there is no procedure in place to cover a Sunday...all is needed is a code...not an engineer just a code so why is there no contact center on a Sunday who can issue one????????
Userlevel 2
Hey @Mandy80 I've moved your comment over to this topic as previous comments may help!
I had a new gas meter fitted last Thursday. Went to top up gas on my card on Sunday and card not valid!! I was utterly disgusted to find out there is absolutely nothing that can be done to help on a Sunday???!!! So I had no hot water or heating all because my card was playing up and I am unable to get a new card without a code of which I can only get monday to Friday or Saturday morning??! I think this is ridiculous!! Every other provider had a 24 hour help line to issue a code except boost. Why? I still have no gas now because I phoned at 8am this morning...was given a code ...had to wait till after midday to use it. Went to the shop at 1pm and the code doesn't work. I've no got yet another code which I can't try until 5pm and if that doesn't work I'm going to run out of time because the office will close at 8pm. I cannot understand why there is no procedure in place to cover a Sunday...all is needed is a code...not an engineer just a code so why is there no contact center on a Sunday who can issue one????????

I had exactly same problem 4days it went on for and now again the same problem and no help from anywhere I'll be changing suppliers
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I hope you managed to get this sorted, @Zoeyp.

To avoid issues like this in the future, have you though of having a smart meter installed? You can top up from an app, making everything so much easier. You can arrange an appointment here.

I have 30p on my gas meter. My meter is showing card fail 35 what do I do. I can’t top up either

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@Abbas151075 

It sounds like the meter is struggling to read the top up card. Give it a little wipe with a cloth but don’t usually any cleaning fluid. If it still doesn't work, get in touch with the Boos team on the contact info at the top of this topic.

All the best,

Bradley 

I was ideally looking for a reply yesterday not today. I think you need to look at how customers are able to contact you out of business hours. I’ve been without any gas since last night. Which is ridiculous. 
what is your method of contact in an emergency? Can you clarify?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Abbas151075,

This is a customer forum, where users can help one another with queries relating to their Boost account. it’s not a direct line of contact to customer services. While we have forum moderators, we’re mostly here to make sure all the information provided is correct, and provide help is no other users are able to.

If you need to contact the team, you can do this in a number of ways:

• Call them on 0330 102 7517. Our opening hours are: 8am-6pm Monday-Fridays; 9am-1pm Saturdays.
  • Send us an email on hello@boostpower.co.uk. Make sure it’s from the email address you’ve registered with Boost, or contains your account number if not. 
  • You can message the team on Facebook here, or the team on Twitter here. Be sure to include your account number (or address and postcode), full name and DoB. The social media teams are available from 8am to 8pm on weekdays and 9am to 5pm on weekends.

Our opening hours are in line with industry standards, and our periods of highest contact levels.

Hope this helps.