pinned Solved

My meter says battery fail - what do I do?

• 4 August 2019
  • 4 replies

I topped up my gas last night but when I inserted card the gas meter says battery fail and is sending off a high pitched bleep which has been going all night. We have no gas and all numbers for boost are saying closed until Monday. Surely there is a contact number for emergencies?
icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 5 August 2019, 17:15

Hi @Azlounel,

I hope you have this sorted, but you need to call us on 0330 102 7517 to get an emergency appointment booked.

If anything happens on a weekend, we have staff on our Facebook and Twitter accounts each day, 9-5. Just get in touch with them, and they should be able to help.

Thanks,
Ed
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Azlounel,

I hope you have this sorted, but you need to call us on 0330 102 7517 to get an emergency appointment booked.

If anything happens on a weekend, we have staff on our Facebook and Twitter accounts each day, 9-5. Just get in touch with them, and they should be able to help.

Thanks,
Ed
On Saturday I purchased a top up for my metre (card metre) went to put it in and my metre read battery fail so unable to put this money in! Had to wait until Monday to sort it out someone was meant to come out in the morning they didnt and I called only to find out they didnt even raise it. So 3 hrs later an engineer turns up installs a smart metre which I didnt want another call to boost to see bout the money on my card and metre told to wait 3 days have waited 4 days. Called them today and still no further forward with regards money or working this stupid smart metre which was put in which I didnt want so I could use my money. Any help would be grateful preferably someone who has been in the same situation cant even check to see how much I have or nothing!!!! Worst company ever!!!
Userlevel 1

Just topped my gas up and now my meter is saying battery fail and the phone lines are closed its not a smart meter iv’e got its a normal gas meter, I've got a 5 year old and no gas anyone know what to do?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Ellona, just put your message over here, the best answer is relevant to your situation!