If I mistakenly top up with my old prepayment gas card when I have smart meter, can I get a refund?

• 2 January 2018
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Updated on 26/10/21 by Tim_Boost

Common mistake this - yes we can add that credit to your smart meter. We might just need a photo of the receipt first.

Reach out to our Care team directly to arrange this, email us at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

9 replies

H

i yesterday I had to have a new gas metre it I topped up my gas card and can't use it they told me to send a picture or receipt to get it back my account number is 242496510

I posted before about needing a refund for my payment as had to have a new gas metre so my old card don't work now have a new card they told me to post receipt here I done this this morning and someone replied to contact boost if I have no gas I never said I had no gas just want my credit on my new card

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
The best thing I can say is to contact boost as the people at cust services are best placed to help you
Let us know how you get on
Kindest regards
Sophie
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Hayley.snowdon - I've moved your post onto this topic. Check out the info on Tim's post above 🙂
I don't have a smart metre
And the link is no help
Has this been sorted yet @Hayley.snowdon ? If you still need our help, please give us a quick ring on 0330 102 7517.
HI no it hasn't wen I call they just say to put receipt here to get it credited to my new card but no1 helps
@Hayley.snowdon - my advice would be to drop us a PM on Facebook or Twitter with this photo (and your name, DoB and account number). The Social team will be able to get this sorted for you.