Solved

I've got error D6 on my meter, what does this mean?

• 6 October 2018
  • 3 replies

I have just topped up my electric key with £25. However, when I insert the key,the meter displays error d6. It was also displaying error d2 earlier but stopped. I have wiped the key with a dry cloth which worked last time I had issues but that's not working now. I only have £3 left on there. How do I get the credit off the key into my meter please?
icon

Best answer by Eva_Boost 9 October 2018, 17:17

Hey @Wakazih,

You'd get error D6 if you've used the wrong key to top up, D2 would also mean the same thing.

We'll need to get a new key sent out to you, or give you a code to pick up a new key from a PayPoint in your area.

Just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter, you'll need to confirm your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use Facebook or Twitter, just give the team a call on 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

Thanks,
Eva

*Update - 11/07/2019 - Added links to Facebook and Twitter accounts*
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hey @Wakazih,

You'd get error D6 if you've used the wrong key to top up, D2 would also mean the same thing.

We'll need to get a new key sent out to you, or give you a code to pick up a new key from a PayPoint in your area.

Just send us a message on Facebook or Twitter, you'll need to confirm your name, DoB and account number. If you don't use Facebook or Twitter, just give the team a call on 0330 102 7517 - they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-1pm.

Thanks,
Eva

*Update - 11/07/2019 - Added links to Facebook and Twitter accounts*

Just tried to top up my new gas and electric smart cards it was rejected with error code 02 and can’t get through to anyone at boost what should I do ? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hope you got this one sorted now, @Claireyruff. Eva mentioned above that error D2 means that the key you’re using isn’t registered to your meter.

If you still need help, get in touch with us on the number above and we’ll get this sorted for you.