Best answer by mattj3135
I'm concerned to read what you've said as this does not sound right, it sounds like your meter may need to be inspected and repaired/replaced. I'll do my best to advise you on how to remedy the situation as detailed below:
1) You mention neither of you in your household have topped up for around two months, it's advisable to discuss between yourselves how you will be able to cover the energy costs for the period of not topping up. This will aid you when you do step 5 below.
2) Reach out to the Boost customer care team at your earliest opportunity when they open after the weekend. Explain what you've mentioned here about the faulty meter. You can do this by Facebook, Twitter, email or phone. In this situation i would suggest phoning Boost.
3) Boost will, if necessary, arrange for a meter engineer to visit and get the meter working properly.
4) Advise Boost you are aware that you've not topped up for this length of time but not been cut off supply. Boost staff will be able to review your account and advise your energy usage over this period and what your outstanding balance is.
5) After you have completed point 1, request a payment plan so that paying whatever is owed does not cause financial hardship and the repayment rate is affordable.
I am sure the lovely folks in customer care will help get things sorted when you reach out to them, however please do feel free to post any updates, questions or alike here where we shall do our best to help you.