Solved

I'm off supply - can you help?

• 1 January 2018
  • 42 replies

Hi, I’m trying to speak to someone to get an emergency unbranded card as mine isn’t working and I can’t access the emergency credit on the meter. I’m off supply and have been on hold waiting to be answered now for over an hour, it keeps telling me to continue to hold but over 60 minutes is this normal? I know it’s a bank holiday, granted but I have two small children and it’s getting very cold. I’m concerned that by the time we get to speak to someone (if indeed there is anybody actually manning this line as I’m starting to feel now that there mustn’t be) it will be too late to walk to wherever we need to get to in order to get a replacement card. Any idea how long the wait is to talk to the emergency team please? This happened once before with Ovo when we first joined and I had a little wait but nowhere near this long. Any advice would be welcomed. Many thanks xxxx
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 1 January 2018, 18:12

**UPDATED on 16/07/2019**

Hi @Clarekerr76 thank you for posting.

The contact number to use is: 0330 102 7517

Have you checked out this page page for help when off supply or in an emergency? https://www.boostpower.co.uk/terms/what-to-do-in-an-emergency

if your are already calling the right team, please bare with them!
Hope youre back on supply soon
View original

42 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Sineadmcpartland 

I’ve moved your query here to help get you the answer you need.

Check out the best answer by @mattj3135 above.

Hope this helps,

I have just moved into property recently, my smart meter is displaying my balance with supply off, however my meter outside is displaying vend mode, when i attempt to type the vend code in it gets rejected. I have no idea what to do as i need gas for my 5 month old baby and the helpline is closed today. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Take a look at this topic for more help, @Jenannril6!

My supply is disconnected and I have no emergency credit option and no money to top up 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Last night my electricity for gas was 0.00. Today morning I top up card for £100. Insert card to meter, transferred money and … no heating, no hot water!!!

Hope this got sorted in the end, @radlI - sorry we didn’t get to this quicker! 

Here’s a great topic to go to if you’re off supply and you can’t call - the number to call if we’re open (Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday 9am-1pm) )is:  0330 102 7517 

Heads up that if you’ve got a smart meter that’s off supply and you top up, it might just need reconnecting by pressing A, A, B on the keypad! More info here! 

Last night my electricity for gas was 0.00. Today morning I top up card for £100. Insert card to meter, transferred money and … no heating, no hot water!!!

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Michelle1,

I’ve moved your topic here to best help with your situation. If you check out the best answer mentioned above, this will give you a run down of the best things to do if you find yourself off supply.

One thing I would mention is, if we don’t supply you any more, we wouldn't have the ability to disconnect your supplies. You’d need to chase this up with your current supplier to make sure you get back on asap!

Let us know how you get on,

Bradley 

You have cut my gas supply off yet you are not my supplier anymore and haven't been since the 4th November 2019. You have also taken my £17.00 credit off me and put me £11.00 in debt even though I emailed yourselves twice last week to state that I am no longer with yourselves!!

You have also been notified by Octopus Energy of which you agreed to the switch!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

What happened in the end, @josiemc ?

The Customer Care team are in and taking calls Monday-Saturday. On the Sunday, you can reach out for emergency supply on Facebook or Twitter

ran out of credit and it is saying emergency used.  ive not used emergency rang and spoke to customer services yesterday morning.  no hot water or heating.  the code didnt work, customer services closed, eventally after third trip to shop the code went on the card.  it wasnt recognised on meter.   

contacted online yesterday and no reply until this morning.  been on hold now for over and hour and still no further forward,kids are freezing and i need to bath them.   

what can i do???  im disgusted in the customer services but need to hold as i need my gas supply put on 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hey @Amywhalley92!

I've moved your question to this topic to help you get the answers you need!

Check out the best answer above and let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Bradley
Do I still get supplied by boost even if I dont have a smart meter? I have already switched over and I put £10 credit on my account however my electricity has gone off and I don't know what to do. I am having my smart meter installed next thursday but what happens until then?
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi @Rebecca13

I've moved your topic here to hopefully help you with your off supply issue.

Check out @mattj3135's best answer above to know exactly what to do!

Cheers,
Bradley
Hi I’ve topped up a huge amount and my electric won’t xome on? My gas has
Userlevel 3
Badge
[h4]Hi @Nicki jones,[/h4]

I've moved your question to this topic, for more help on this!
Userlevel 3
Badge
I trust this has been resolved now, @Nicki jones?

If not please get in touch with us ASAP to resolve. If we we don't receive a response we will assume this issue has been resolved and remove your post.

Thanks!
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey @Nicki jones, has this been sorted?
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I'm sorry to hear this @Anne boyle, I've moved your post here as I think the information above will help.

I hope your mum managed to get this sorted, if not, please ask her call our Customer Care team ASAP on 0330 102 7517, they will be able to assist.
My mum's original power company has been taken over by boost who put her on an online account. She is 71 years of age and has no idea about on line anything. She tried phoning last week as the top up cards didn't work when she tried to put credit on at her local shop. It took until Friday to get through and we were told they would send new cards out but be assured her supply wouldn't be effected. She has arrived home tonight and has neither gas or electricity. Been on the phone on hold for over an hour and nothing. What a joke. 71 year old woman with no power.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Take a look at the best answer, @Pollydolly!
I have a disabled child on a machine need my supply back on asap
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I hope you managed to get this sorted, @Kelly831. if not, please call our Customer Care team ASAP on 0330 102 7517.
The battery on my gas meter (not a smart meter) has died and boost are not open now til Monday and can't afford an engineer cost myself and letting agent not open til Monday either but got two young kids and no heating or hot water? Please help
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Nicki jones - I'm not sure what you mean here. Can you let us know if you still need assistance with this or has it been resolved?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Lucyloo - I've moved your post over here where you can find more info on what to do if you meters disconnect.