Solved

I'm not happy that I'm off-supply with no top-up cards

• 12 September 2021
  • 9 replies

I am not happy that I am without gas and I have a very heavily pregnant partner and two children who we need gas for and to cook food with we have not had any top up cards for our traditional meter it’s a joke. I have had enough and not only that few weeks ago the engineer never turned up the worse gas company to go with you can’t leave a family without gas 

icon

Best answer by Jess_Boost 13 September 2021, 11:18

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m really sorry to hear that you’re off supply, @Liamsricketts, particularly with children and a pregnant partner at home.

As you mention not having top-up cards I’m wondering if you’ve recently moved in, or just switched to Boost?

It’s really important that we get you a means of topping-up ASAP. If the cards were posted they can take up to 5 working days to arrive so as you’re already off-supply give the team a call on 0330 102 7517 - lines are open from 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 5pm over the weekend. The team may be able to arrange for you to collect a card/key from your local Paypoint or help get the meter replaced if it’s faulty.

It’s also worth checking that you’ve been added to our Priority Services Register - this is a free service which offers additional support to those who may need it, having young children or being pregnant would qualify you for this, so we’d encourage you to apply. You can do this online here or by speaking to the team. 

This company is stupid been with them a year first month no heating because there was a issue with the meter. Never received top up cards/keys. Rang every month asking for a bill to not receive 1 and now they cut our power for a disabled household with a q0 month old child now been on hold since 11am not happy one bit

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m so sorry to hear of your experience since joining Boost, @Johnm1989 - particularly the difficulty you’re having being off-supply with no way to top-up.

I’m hoping you’ve already spoken to the team to get this one resolved. It’s really important that we get you a means of topping-up ASAP. If the cards were posted they can take up to 5 working days to arrive so as you’re already off-supply give the team a call on 0330 102 7517 - lines are open from 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday and 9am - 5pm over the weekend. The team may be able to arrange for you to collect a card/key from your local Paypoint or help get the meter replaced if it’s faulty.

It’s also worth checking that you’ve been added to our Priority Services Register - this is a free service which offers additional support to those who may need it, having young children or any disabilities or vulnerabilities would qualify you for this, so we’d encourage you to apply. You can do this online here or by speaking to the team. 

In terms of receiving a bill, as a prepayment customer, we’d only issue you an annual statement, rather than a monthly bill. If you’ve yet to receive this annual statement, the Support Team should be able to get this one chased up for you.

I’m hoping this advice is helpful in getting things back on track - let us know how you get on. 

Hey, sorry to jump in on this thread but 0330 102 7517been dealing with boost for five weeks On and off supply, no top up card and no smart meter installation.  Now off supply again but can’t contact anyone.  What are we supposed to do?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @tootated,

I’m so sorry to hear of the difficulty you’ve had contacting the Support Team. The team are taking calls as usual today from 8am - 6pm as well as monitoring webchat. As you mention not yet having top-up cards they should be able to direct you to the nearest Paypoint with a stock of our cards/keys for collection.

I hope you’re able to reach the team and get back on supply ASAP.

@Jess_Boost 

I was told that, then I went to the address given and they had none they advised that paypoint has stopped sending them blank cards.  I then went to 16! Different pay point locations.  Or how about when the engineer to put in the smart meters never arrived and no one advised of the cancellation.  Or how is that 6 times the Royal Mail has lost the power card even when all my other email gets to me!

your team is not helpful otherwise I would not still be having to have an emergency engineer out every weekend or sleep in the living room because it is the warmest place in the house and you’re off supply again.  Even going for a shower is risky!  Do you know that with the price increases £10 emergency credit is useless!

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m really sorry to hear of your experience when contacting the Support Team, @tootated.

The team should be able to provide contact details for the Paypoints for you to double-check they have the necessary keys/cards so I’m really sorry this didn’t happen in your case.

As you mention having a smart meter appointment booked which was cancelled without at least 24 hours notice, you should be eligible for a standard £30 compensation payment, so we’d really recommend highlighting this to the team if you haven’t already.

If you are off-supply with no way of topping up we should be arranging an emergency same-day engineers visit for you so please do get in touch with the team if you’re still waiting for your cards to arrive. The quickest way to reach the team is via webchat which you can find here.

Hi,

again it’s great saying that but the point is there are no cards available and they are not being sent out.  I then have to lose 1 day of my weekend waiting to go off supply so I can arrange an engineer as they don’t come out until you are under a pound of emergency credit.

Every weekend for two months.  And I have been in touch with the team repeatedly! When is someone from your company going to take ownership of the issue!

Also it is really difficult to make a complaint when the resolution departments keep on closing the complaints without your knowledge. 

I am at the stage where I am now seriously consider videoing every web chat or phone conversation including the general 90minute wait to speak to someone. This along with my journals records can then be used to provide evidence to ofgem regarding repeated failures by your company’s ‘customer service’ department.  

And yes I am at that stage, because I have tried everything else. it is this or a lawyer sadly.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I’m really sorry to hear that your complaint is still unresolved, @tootated.

I’d like to investigate this further so have requested some account details via a Private Message here. To access this message head to the top right-hand corner of any forum page.

Once we’ve got your account details confirmed I’ll follow this up with the complaint agent directly.

I hope we can help get this sorted.