Solved

How is the warm home discount added onto my traditional gas meter?

• 13 November 2018
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi I've Been accepted for the hwd I requested it to be added to my gas how does this work please as I'm using a pre payment meter many thanks Rebecca
icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 December 2018, 10:53

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @All in good time - I've moved your earlier comment onto a thread all about the Warm Home Discount here.
Userlevel 1
I’m having the same problem, I have followed all instructions on my letter in fact I’m now on my 6th payment & still nothing has gone on my gas meter
@EmmaLala - I just want to confirm that you understand what steps you need to follow to get the credit added? Any questions - let us know!
Yeah I have done. That's what I mean, it has gone on

Updated on 21/09/2021 by Tim_Boost: The Warm Home Discount window for 2021/2022 is now open.

For more information on the Warm Home Discount, including how to apply, click here.

To apply for the Warm Home Discount, click here. You’ll need your account number which can be found on a letter or email from Boost. 

Hi @EmmaLala

If you requested for the £140 to be added to your gas meter, (which you would’ve opted in for on your application form). You just need to top up a small amount at the same PayPoint, once a day over 3-5 days. (If you didn’t request for the payment to be added onto your gas on the application, unfortunately we’ll be unable to change the payment, as it will already be sent to your electricity).

Once the payment is loaded onto your gas card, you'll need to pop the card in the meter. Press and hold the red ‘A’ button, and the credit will appear on your meter balance!

@Nancy_Boost so you won't be sending a card out like ovo used to do with the credit loaded? I have just rang since its been 6 weeks since acceptance but they said only just sending out core groups atm. So probably couple of weeks. I'm in need of gas atm. Not getting paid for another 2 weeks so going to be hard. Just don't see why they give an estimate of 6 weeks but then go on to say by march 2019.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Sophie1983 and @Beccs38 - just to clarify, if you have traditional prepayment meters with Boost we'll send a message to your nearest PayPoint, which you can then pick up with your electricity key to load onto your meter.

Hope this helps,
Nancy
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi becs tell me about it lol and my boiler broken waiting for useless council to fix
Boost aim to do this within 6 weeks of applications being accepted but government guidance stipulates no later than march
Hope this helps
Kindest regards
Sophie x
Userlevel 2
That's great thank you when do boost start sending codes out it's freezing lol could do with it ASAP
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi Becca many thanks for your reply what happens with the old style meters is you get sent a barcoded letter to take to your nearest paypoint or post office and they scan the letter and will top your card up with the amounts they add to the 140 and the credit will then be transferred from card to gas meter
Hope this helps
Kindest regards
Sophie xx
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi many thanks for your reply what tends to happen with non smart meters is that you would be sent a letter with a barcode on it and what you do is take your gas card and the barcode letter to your nearest paypoint outlet or post office and they would then do a number of top ups to total the £140 whd this was what happened with me when I was with British gas.
Kindest regards
Sophie x

Userlevel 2
No I don't have smart meter it's the old top up one I use with a gas card to top up xx
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi there Beccs many thanks for your question in order that I can help you further tell me do you have a smart meter setup like ones in photos kindest regards Sophie x