How do I collect my Warm Home Discount payment with my electricity key/ gas card?

• 3 December 2018
  • 12 replies

Userlevel 2
You've had your email/ letter to say that your £140 is ready to be collected - great! Not sure what you need to do next? It’s simple! Just top up at the same PayPoint 3-5 times on different days with your electricity key for the £140 credit be added - you can do this 5 days in a row to get the payment faster! Just make sure you top up at the same PayPoint each time, otherwise the £140 won’t be added.

To add this credit to your meter - just pop your electricity key in to your meter until it says ‘token accepted’ (which should take a minute at the most). Then you can remove the electricity key and it’s all done!

If you requested for the £140 to be added to your gas meter, (which you would’ve opted in for on your application form). You just need to top up a small amount at the same PayPoint, once a day over 3-5 days. (If you didn’t request for the payment to be added onto your gas on the application, unfortunately we’ll be unable to change the payment, as it will already be sent to your electricity).

Once the payment is loaded onto your gas card, you'll need to pop the card in the meter. Press and hold the red ‘A’ button, and the credit will appear on your meter balance!

12 replies

Hi I've received my email stating that I have the discount but it's not on my account/app
How do I go about adding it to it?
Hey @Sscho92 - I've moved your query over here. Just check out Beth's post at the top!
Userlevel 1
I have topped up gas card 4 times still not showing my shop has two machines does it have to be the same machine? Not advised by boost now no money on emergency.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi clare sorry to hear about this if you email hello@boostpower.co.uk or call 0330 1027517 or drop a message on Facebook messenger or Twitter the boost team will be able to help you Hope this helps
Kindest regards
Sophie x
Userlevel 1
They did have to do a couple more times then should go on as day you get e mail don't count. I hope it does work. X
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Yea I hope so as well please let us know how you get on
Kindest regards
Sophie x
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Have you managed to get this sorted, @Clare65?
Userlevel 1
Badge
I was told to top up 3-5 times by £1 to recieve the WHD credited to my card. Is this correct? Pay a £1 cash top up, 3-5 times , and then my card shall be credited with the WHD automatically ? thank you
Userlevel 2
I've moved your question this this page, @gerrymcandrew as this should help! ☺
Userlevel 1
Badge
What id like to know is , if i top up by £1, 3-5 times do i put that £1on the card onto the meter each time after ive topped up?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @gerrymcandrew - we'd recommend putting the key or card back in the meter after every small top up you make. The Warm Home Discount will be transferred after 3 to 5 small top ups, so you won't need to make any further top ups if it goes on after the 3rd!
Userlevel 1
Hi Nancy I’ve done all of this mentioned on here as that is exactly what was written in the letter I received like I said before I have done 5 payments & still nothing?