Solved

Electricity key not working (D2 Error) - what can I do if the office is closed?

• 1 September 2018
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 1

1e3f2b62-25ff-4f83-b990-32f06186714f.png

Hi, I have a 2d error coming up on my meter. I only have 50p of electricity left and boost are closed until Monday is there anything I can do? Can anyone help?

icon

Best answer by mattj3135 2 September 2018, 20:19

Updated 25/02/2020 - An error D2 message is related to the key itself, so we advise trying to re-insert the key again. If this fails, get in touch.

If you need help on a weekend, you can call us on 0330 102 7517 on Saturday 9am - 5pm, or message us on Facebook or Twitter between 9am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday. There’s other helpful info here.

Hi @chris_hays thanks for your post.

The best resolution is to reach out to the boost customer care team during office hours where they can assist with a new top up key.

If you've got smart meters Boost won't cut off supply over a weekend but on the off chance you do get cut off click the contact us tab on the main boost website for the phone number and they'll help get you back on supply.

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated 25/02/2020 - An error D2 message is related to the key itself, so we advise trying to re-insert the key again. If this fails, get in touch.

If you need help on a weekend, you can call us on 0330 102 7517 on Saturday 9am - 5pm, or message us on Facebook or Twitter between 9am - 5pm Saturday and Sunday. There’s other helpful info here.

Hi @chris_hays thanks for your post.

The best resolution is to reach out to the boost customer care team during office hours where they can assist with a new top up key.

If you've got smart meters Boost won't cut off supply over a weekend but on the off chance you do get cut off click the contact us tab on the main boost website for the phone number and they'll help get you back on supply.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @chris_hays - just to add to Matt's answer, a "D2" error indicates there's an issue with the key. Sometimes re-inserting the key (for 60 seconds or so) can resolve it. If it doesn't, then you'll need to contact the team so they can send a message to a Paypoint to clear the error.

Cheers
Userlevel 1
Thank you for your help guys. I managed to get in touch through fb in the end just before 4pm so got the code I needed.
IS THERE A CONTACT NUMBER
I have only got 14p in my electricity + i cant top up because they have sent me a key for a smart meter + a gas card that worked + i cant call them because there closed so am screwed for electricity till i can ring them tomorrow. Jolly nice of them NOT!!!
I have a smart meter i only have 14p left the key i got sent is useless i need a electricity card 2 top up but i have tried 2 top up at the shop twice with the number on the letter but it dont work so my electricity is going 2 go off after that 14p as gone so am screwed until tomorrow i dont no what 2 do can you help?
Userlevel 2
Hi @Samo Burns

If you drop us a message on Facebook or twitter and we can make sure the top card you have is assigned to your account.

If you're off supply then please call our Customer Service team on 0330 1027517 who can get you back on supply as soon as possible.
I put £8 on my key and the mere is not working so I have no electricity.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Solsticelady - I've moved your post over here. More info above.
I have 15p on my electric and my key won’t allow me top up And there is no emergency number
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey @DavineMc, I've moved your post here, all the info you need is above. 🙂
Hi there,

our electric key is not working and we have tried keeping it in the meter for 60 seconds. We called Boost and they gave us a tag code, but when we went to the Tesco store they told us that the code is not recognised. So we are unable to get a key.

We have tried calling Boost but they closed at 1.00pm. We are very low on electric and have a baby in the house.

Anyone got any advice.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I've moved your post here, @SWilliams, the above will hold all the info you need.
hi Boost, i've asked a couple of times, and im in need of an emergency, i have £2.44p Left on my electric and my key has suddenly stopped working. i am disabled and i have no other way to top up my electric. i need a new Key asap preferably before shops start to close. i cannot go through an entire weekend without electricity.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Did you manage to get this sorted, @Eileen_Jones? If not, take a look at the best answer for more advice! 🙂
Userlevel 1
Hi,

we have £1.70 left on the meter and cannot top up as the key is not working and the error message comes up”error:d4”. It is raining outside and the temperature at home is 16 degrees at the moment, We cannot turn on the heating because we running low on electricity! We do not have a gas, so nothing really can be used ( cooking, shower)! We have a little child at home... and this is ridiculous that there is no possibility to contact you to resolve the issue! I have tried to call you around 20 times ( as been advised, if you keep calling out of working hours you will eventually get a response...), had to register on Facebook to message you, still nothing!!! There is no emergency number, chat or email... CAN YOU PLEASE ADVISE???
Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi @TBE,

Sorry to hear of the troubles you've had, did you manage to get this sorted and get in touch with the team?

Error D4 means the serial number on the key doesn't match the meter, have you had a recent meter exchange? If so we'll need to update our records and reissue you with a new key or TAG to reprogram your existing key.

You can contact our Customer Care team on 0330 102 7517. They're are available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm and Saturdays 9am to 1pm.
Userlevel 1
Hi Emily,

yes, all sorted. Thank you very much.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Great news @TBE! Thanks for using the forum to raise your question. Glad we've been able to resolve this for you.

Darran

Hi, I am new to boost, I have my new key which I when I insert it into the meter to  activate I get error code d2.  I have followed the advice above But still no luck and as it is Sunday and after 5pm I have no one to contact. We currently only have £1.00 on the meter.  Please help 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi, I am new to boost, I have my new key which I when I insert it into the meter to  activate I get error code d2.  I have followed the advice above But still no luck and as it is Sunday and after 5pm I have no one to contact. We currently only have £1.00 on the meter.  Please help 

I really hope this was sorted in the end, @Jan1977 - it sounds like you did everything right here! If you still need help, please call us ASAP: 0330 102 7517