Solved

Can you have your prepayment meters removed?

• 29 December 2019
  • 1 reply

I have been on prepayment metres for years, but never in any debt, but I am really noticing the cost difference to some of my friends fixed rate tariffs. I want to change back to normal monthly bills. Has anyone done this?

icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 8 January 2020, 14:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updated on 07/09/21 by Jess_OVO

Great question to ask about the possibility of switching from a Pay-As-You-Go setup to a Pay Monthly plan.

As Boost is the prepayment brand within OVO, a change to a pay monthly plan would require a transfer of your account to our pay monthly brand OVO Energy. This is an internal switch so can’t be requested on our Quote and Switch page or via price comparison sites and may require a change to your meters.

We’re changing the process for people who want to switch from a Pay-As-You-Go Boost account to a Pay Monthly account with OVO Energy. Previously, this was only possible for Boost customers with a medical dependency on electricity or gas, because we weren’t able to credit check internal switches. 

We’ve now set up a new process. This is on request only and you must meet certain criteria, including passing a manual credit check and setting up a Direct Debit as soon as your new Pay Monthly account goes live.

In order to discuss this change give the Boost Support Team a call on 0330 102 7517 or 0117 332 3728, lines are open between 8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday and 9am - 5pm on weekends. 

For more help with managing your new OVO Energy account, check out the OVO online community!