Solved

Where do I find a "vend code"?

• 11 December 2018
  • 10 replies

Hiya both my electric and gas meters need a vend code so i can reconnect as i didn't receive an email or txt.. I've been without gas for 3days now and everyone I'm emailing isn't responding.

icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 13 December 2018, 17:25

Updated 26/05/2020 - Links to Boost social channels added - Link added to How To video on how to reconnect smart meters.

Hi @Danielle gale,

You'd find your vend code on the bottom of the receipt from the PayPoint you topped up at. If you topped up online and the credit hasn't gone onto your meters, we'd need to look into this on our end. You can always reach out to our team via Facebook or Twitter, or email Boost at hello@boostpower.co.uk.

If you've topped up either at a shop or online while your meters were off, sometimes you just need to enter A, A, B on they keypad of each meter to turn them back on. Here’s a handy video to show you how here!

Hope this helps!

View original

10 replies

I was given a vend code but 2 different pay points can't do it for me. Boost are useless and I will be contacting my previous supplier to go back to them.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updated 26/05/2020 - Links to Boost social channels added - Link added to How To video on how to reconnect smart meters.

Hi @Danielle gale,

You'd find your vend code on the bottom of the receipt from the PayPoint you topped up at. If you topped up online and the credit hasn't gone onto your meters, we'd need to look into this on our end. You can always reach out to our team via Facebook or Twitter, or email Boost at hello@boostpower.co.uk.

If you've topped up either at a shop or online while your meters were off, sometimes you just need to enter A, A, B on they keypad of each meter to turn them back on. Here’s a handy video to show you how here!

Hope this helps!

I'm still waiting for my gas card to turn up ! So cannot top up. I'm going back to my previous supplier. I'm not wasting any more time contacting Boost.
Userlevel 2
Hey @katiemcc

If you've recently just switched to us, then it usually takes up to 5 working days after your switch date for your card to arrive in the post . Your top up cards will already be linked to your account, so you can start using them straight away.

All you’ll need to do is take the 19 digit top up card number to a local PayPoint and you can top your meters up.

If you’re not sure what the top up card number is then please call our Customer Care team 0330 1027517 and they can help.

Thanks,
Beth
I just topped my meter up again. And it hasn't gone onto the meter. This happened every time I top up and I ring and get an activation code. The wait time is 62 minutes and I have a screaming baby. Does anyone know the reactivation code for the electric meter please?
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Jackhair24 - I've moved your post here. I hope this has been resolved for you now, and sorry for the delay getting back to you. For future reference, more info about reconnection (vend) codes can be found above.
How do you get a Vend code? Out of hours?
Ive not had electric for two days and it won’t reconnect I can’t call while at work. I can’t get through via email.
Its a joke.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hey @Leilahalo check out @Nancy_Boost post above, should give you everything you need.

If you still need help and haven't had a reply to your email, don't forget you can contact us via Facebook here.

Darran

I topped up the meters via the agent. I was sent a 19 digit code but not 20. I cannot get any electric or gas due to this. Help!

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Kags - I’ve moved your message here, as it’ll help others to see the answer in the future!

Vend codes are always 20 digits long, so if you’ve only received a 19 digit code, there’s one missing.

Pan numbers have 19 digits, these are the long card numbers on the front of a card, that can be used to remotely top up your meter. I’d assume this is the number they’ve given you, not the vend code.

It’d be worth getting in touch again to clarify. If you’d prefer not to call again, you could send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,

Ed