Solved

What should I do if my smart meters shows "vend" message?

• 18 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
I came in last night to a freezing house, on checking my smart meter is says 'Vend, on line it says I need to top up and insert my 20 digit receipt number.

The problem is I have £60 credit on my account and don't have a receipt as I top up via the mobile app.

How do I get my gas supply to restart? It's Sunday I can't get hold of anyone and I'm frozen solid!
icon

Best answer by Sophie1983 18 November 2018, 19:20

Hi sorry to learn of your situation as you topped up through the app you would normally receive a email or text containing your vend ie reconnection code as per the options in your profile on your boost app either by sms or email the best thing to do is to drop a email to lovely people at hello@boostpower.co.uk or 0330 1027517 tomorrow or by sending a message through Facebook messenger or Twitter quoting your account details etc and they will be able to get you back on supply please let us know how you get on
Kindest regards
Sophie x
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi sorry to learn of your situation as you topped up through the app you would normally receive a email or text containing your vend ie reconnection code as per the options in your profile on your boost app either by sms or email the best thing to do is to drop a email to lovely people at hello@boostpower.co.uk or 0330 1027517 tomorrow or by sending a message through Facebook messenger or Twitter quoting your account details etc and they will be able to get you back on supply please let us know how you get on
Kindest regards
Sophie x
Userlevel 1
Hi Sophie
Thanks so much for getting back to me, I spoke to Beth via your Facebook page earlier today and she sorted me out.
Have a great night!
Lisa
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
No worries glad your issue resolved by all means if you have any more feel free to drop a message either here or send a private message I always endeavour to respond as fast as I can hope you have great night
Kindest regards
sophie x
Userlevel 2
Glad to hear I solved the problem, @AngelsStar 😀

Thought I'd share a quick guide for anyone one else needs to know what to do if your gas or electricity meter says 'vend code'.

Pressing A, A, B on the smart meter keypad is usually enough to reconnect your supply.

If this doesn't work, you can enter the following 20 digit re-connection code or 'vend code' into your meter by pressing A, * 20 digit vend code* B.

The vend code will be on the receipt, or if you topped up online it'll be sent to you via email or text (depending on your communication preference).

If your meter is connected it will say on next to the flame icon (for gas) and plug socket icon (for electricity).
Userlevel 1
@Beth_Boost@Sophie1983 I have exactly the same problem, i wasn't sent any reconnection code after my last top up, my gas meter is on VEND mode, I've had no gas since Saturday morning, the house is freezing. Bear in mind i have a 5 year old poorly child at home, it is an emergency! you have no emergency number to use over the weekend, nobody is replying to my messages neither on here/helpdesk nor Facebook. I need somebody to contact me now. My account number is [removed].

ps. i was on hold for 45 minutes first thing this morning after your lines got open, then for 30 minutes at lunch, i was told i will be waiting for another 107 minutes before my call will be answered.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @aleksandraC,

I'm sorry to hear about this and for the delay getting back to you. We've been extremely busy in the last few weeks.

Has this been resolved now? If not, please let us know.
I am having the same problem, and I received no email after topping up so I do not have an activation code. What should I do to get my supply back?
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Chelseasio,

I hope you've managed to get yourself back on supply by now (also welcome to the forum, and thanks for getting involved straight away!).

If you haven't, please contact the team on 0330 102 7517 so we can look into this for you and get you back on supply.

Thanks,
Ed