Solved

Tenants have left - how do I top up with smart meters without account on a Sunday?

• 30 September 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

Could anyone tell me how to top up a smart meter when I don't have an account with the provider.

I rented out my property and the tenant has done a runner not giving me any details of the smart meter account. Of course, there is no power in the house only all kinds of sh*t that she left and I really need power to clean up the mess.

Any ideas how I can add some money to the account. Customer services not open as is Sunday.

Many thanks in advance.

All the best,
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 2 October 2018, 07:23

Your best bet is to message Boost on Facebook if it's a Sunday: https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/ = they might be able to top up the smart meters remotely as a short term fix.

hope you got this sorted @acw after that, call them, as boost will need to register the account in your name and details. once they've set you up they can provide a code to enable top up at the shop / via the app. 0330 102 7517

you may find it useful to mention that the new tenant will be responsible for fuel costs once they've moved in so boost know this is only a temporary arrangement
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Your best bet is to message Boost on Facebook if it's a Sunday: https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/ = they might be able to top up the smart meters remotely as a short term fix.

hope you got this sorted @acw after that, call them, as boost will need to register the account in your name and details. once they've set you up they can provide a code to enable top up at the shop / via the app. 0330 102 7517

you may find it useful to mention that the new tenant will be responsible for fuel costs once they've moved in so boost know this is only a temporary arrangement
we have just moved into a new property today, we were given boost cards for our gas and electric so we put £20 on each in the morning.
we are now moved in with no gas or electric with nowhere else to stay. every number we try ,we get told you are SHUT!

absolutely ridiculous, the meters just keep saying rejected
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hey @Ridella,

I've moved your post here, there is a lot of relevant information above. I'm hoping you are now back on supply. If not please call our team as soon as possible on: 0330 102 7517, they'll need to set up an account in your name and get you all sorted.

I hope this helps!