My Meter Has Been Capped - What Do I do?

• 28 February 2020
  • 1 reply

I have just moved into a new property and an engineer came to uncap my gas but can't do it as the person who lived here before has rigged the gas so they can't touch it. They told me to get in touch with Boost to get an engineer out to change the meter. I got told by one of your team to send a picture of my meter in an email, and then someone would be out to do it today. I have sent it but no reply, and I’ve been on the phone 5 times, getting passed about. I can’t get my gas on until it's sorted, and I have a 7-year-old daughter too, and it's freezing with no gas.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Staveywatson, glad to hear you’ve followed the right process to get your gas uncapped.

It can take up to 5 working days for us to respond to an email, so once you’ve sent the email in. please give us a call again, and we’ll get it sorted immediately for you.

Our contact number is 0330 102 7517, and we’re available 8am - 8pm Monday - Friday, and Saturday 9am - 5pm.

If you’d prefer, you can also send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages, but we can’t guarantee immediate responses there.

Thanks,

Ed