• 3 March 2018
  • 8 replies

**UPDATED on 16/07/2019**

How much emergency credit do you get ?
icon

Best answer by Lucy_Boost 12 March 2018, 18:21

Hey Marie,

It will depend on whether you’re a PAYG+ customer (who manages their account online) or if you’re a standard Pay as you go customer (who tops up at a local PayPoint).

If you’re a PAYG+ customer, you’ll have a 24 hour non disconnect period instead of emergency credit. If you’re a standard Pay as you go customer, then you’ll have £5 emergency credit on each meter which can be activated on your IHD or by pressing 7 on the meters.

Lucy

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
£5 I think but you only got a few hours tow get your account back into credit or everything turns off if your using a so called smart meter where your old meter u had till all your emergency credit was gone before toppling up
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Marie,

It will depend on whether you’re a PAYG+ customer (who manages their account online) or if you’re a standard Pay as you go customer (who tops up at a local PayPoint).

If you’re a PAYG+ customer, you’ll have a 24 hour non disconnect period instead of emergency credit. If you’re a standard Pay as you go customer, then you’ll have £5 emergency credit on each meter which can be activated on your IHD or by pressing 7 on the meters.

Lucy

Under the old system people had £5 worth of emergency credit, which lasts significantly longer than 24 hours for most people, why does Boost think its acceptable to restrict the emergency credit to only a 24 period?
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Under the old system people had £5 worth of emergency credit, which lasts significantly longer than 24 hours for most people, why does Boost think its acceptable to restrict the emergency credit to only a 24 period?

Hi @newnsj
Just you confirm for PAYG+ customers, it's a 24 hour non disconnect period.

Only smart PAYG standard or Traditional PAYG customers that get £5 emergency credit.

There needs to be some limits as to how long people go without topping up when they've hit emergency credit or we'd be creating further debt by leaving people to build up a debit. The and as your bank allowing a buffer on an overdraft etc.

The £5 and 24 hour rules each cater for their specific product.

PAYG standard and traditional have to top up with a key so the £5 gives them time to get out and do this, literally they'll need to go out and add money onto the key at a shop etc.

PAYG+ have the app to top up with so only need to access that (or there website) to top up.

I think 24 hours to remember to open an app and click top up is reasonable 😀
i didn't have any money in bank to top up so I used my card as I had cash in hand 17 pounds to be exact anyway turns out that my card doesn't work I've only used it a couple of times in past as normally top up online so I know it worked then and now it doesn't so I rang the emergency number as I only have 70 odd PENCE left I waited for over ten minutes then they answered only to tell me to call back tomorrow not I will be going in the emergency which when I next top up it's going to chew most of it up and I'm thinking of changing company because The poor service and it's also expensive I'm putting more on my and having to spend less on food it's ridiculous what good is an emergency number if u get told to call back the next day to see what they can do when I need electricity now as I don't get paid till Monday and the company's card don't work I need more than 24 hours to be switched off doesn't do my anxiety any good
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
Hi @Stormy pink, I've moved you comment here, you should be able to find the answer you need above.

If you are in a negative balance and have no means of topping up our team are available to offer support.

Thanks!

Need to put my emergency credit on and don't know how as my boost app isn't working I'm on PAYG standard it said u can activate it on meter but doesn't tell u how please help.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Jazzy - I’ve moved your post over here, check out Lucy’s best answer above.