Solved

Can we create a PAYG account with lasting power of attorney?

• 23 July 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi,

Hopefully somebody can help.

My father has recently been diagnosed with dementia, and I have lasting power of attorney for financial affairs. He has recently moved into a property supplied by Boost, and as such a new account needs to be created. Asking my father to make the initial call would be well beyond his abilities at the present time, and wondered if anyone could advise me on the process of creating an account in my fathers name with the lasting power of attorney, so that we can ensure the meters are reset, and that we can create the app to manage the top ups on his behalf.

Many thanks in advance
icon

Best answer by Emily_Boost 23 July 2019, 14:16

Thanks for getting in touch @bknowlesmoorhouse!

The best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care team on 0330 102 7517, they can create a new account for your father and have you added to the account so you can set up and manage the account on his behalf.
You'll need to email in a copy of the document that confirms you're now the lasting power of attorney.

Thanks ☺
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Thanks for getting in touch @bknowlesmoorhouse!

The best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Care team on 0330 102 7517, they can create a new account for your father and have you added to the account so you can set up and manage the account on his behalf.
You'll need to email in a copy of the document that confirms you're now the lasting power of attorney.

Thanks ☺
Thanks @Emily_Boost

I assumed that would be the case, but just wanted to check before I wasted anyone's time, as I know how busy contact centers can get at times. I'll aim to call later this afternoon, and would I send the LPA to the hello@boostpower.co.uk email address once everything is up and running?
Userlevel 3
Badge
That's correct @bknowlesmoorhouse! Once the account has been created you'll be able to send this over to the team and they'll be able to attach the document to the account.
We're open Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, the team is a little quieter at the moment so you shouldn't have a long wait to get through ☺

All the best!