Solved

Can I switch from pre-payment to Pay monthly?

• 13 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

would I be better off switching to credit meter and paying dd? We haven’t noticed a difference since switching to OVO from BG December 2016 to January 2018 but I feel that using £156 in December, £148 January, £140 February and up to now £68 seems a lot to say that we are out 8am till 4:30 and try and limit gas usage at weekends!
I just felt that when we were on credit meters which is a few years ago they were always upping or reducing my dd amount which during winter resulted in us receiving a huge bill (don’t want another £800+bill) we are a family of 4......
if anyone has any advise I’d greatfully appreciate it
TY
icon

Best answer by Lucy_Boost 15 March 2018, 17:26

Updated on 15/05/2020

I’m afraid switching customers from Pay as you go to Pay monthly isn’t something we can currently offer. The good news though is that there is very little variation in our costs between Pay as you go and Pay monthly so even if we were able to offer this, the benefits would probably be minimal.

It goes without saying that the main reason customers report high prices is because they use a lot of energy. If you reduce your energy consumption, you’ll reduce your costs. Check out some energy saving tips here: cse.org.uk/advice/energy-saving-tips.

You might also find this topic that Darran created. It’s handy as it shows the average monthly spend for Pay as you go customers throughout the year.

Lucy

View original

4 replies

My son is at university in Stirling and is having problems contacting OVO to change from PAYG card to a cheaper method of energy supply like a monthly standing order, what is the quickest and best way to get in touch and change this over asap? as the costs of PAYG are very high particularly with this cold spell we are having. Any advice please with thanks in advance
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @andyreekie thanks for posting.

this topic may help answer your question: https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/smart-payg-5/can-i-change-from-pay-as-you-go-payg-to-pay-monthly-paym-credit-45
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updated on 15/05/2020

I’m afraid switching customers from Pay as you go to Pay monthly isn’t something we can currently offer. The good news though is that there is very little variation in our costs between Pay as you go and Pay monthly so even if we were able to offer this, the benefits would probably be minimal.

It goes without saying that the main reason customers report high prices is because they use a lot of energy. If you reduce your energy consumption, you’ll reduce your costs. Check out some energy saving tips here: cse.org.uk/advice/energy-saving-tips.

You might also find this topic that Darran created. It’s handy as it shows the average monthly spend for Pay as you go customers throughout the year.

Lucy

Userlevel 1
Why do we pay such high standing charges then? My mum doesn’t pay anything like us per month with her BG credit meter. I just feel that we use £100 worth of gas and electric and a £40-£50 charge......
I’m looking into switching at present as we’ve been with ovo/ boost for a year