Solved

Will Boost continue to charge standing charges?

• 15 September 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Suppliers are no longer required to set a standing charge on their tariffs most still do.
Will Boost continue to do so?
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 15 September 2018, 11:56

*Updated 30/07/2019 - Info up to date and accurate*

whilst suppliers are not required to set the standing charge, each company chargers it whether directly as a standing charge or the incorporate the cost into their tariff rates. it simply covers the costs associated with running the network so you get your fuel supply.

I haven't seen anything from boost to suggest they are "scrapping" the standing charge as boost prefer to be transparent with all costs.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

whilst suppliers are not required to set the standing charge, each company chargers it whether directly as a standing charge or the incorporate the cost into their tariff rates. it simply covers the costs associated with running the network so you get your fuel supply.

I haven't seen anything from boost to suggest they are "scrapping" the standing charge as boost prefer to be transparent with all costs.
Userlevel 2
Im definetly going to make enquiries about standing charges because of them I have to top up £50 every 2 weeks and only use £40 on electric and gas which still seems an awful lot as £30 is for electric even though I have gas central heating a gas fire and gas cooker and.i don't use the kettle unless I have visitors and I don't watch television

I have topped up twice now but am not currently living in the property so am not using gas or electric yet my balance is going down daily. Why is this? 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Daniellemoran I’ve moved your question over here, as there’s some info on the post above that helps.

Thanks,

Ed