Solved

Why is my minimum top up increasing?

• 12 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Why is my minimum top up continuing to increase when my supply is off..... I’m not using any gas..... it gone up 2pound in a couple of days what could you possibly be charging me for being a customer???????
icon

Best answer by Eva_Boost 21 March 2019, 12:09

The minimum top up on smart meters is £5, @Choldstock2019. I think you're talking about paying the negative balance when you enter your non disconnect period.

With PAYG+ you don't get a monetary amount of emergency credit, you get a 24-hour ‘non-disconnect’ period. That means you’ll still get gas and electricity for the next 24 hours without needing to top up. You'll pay for the energy you've used during this period when you top up next.

If your meter runs out of credit during weekends, bank holidays and evenings you won't go off supply, you'll get a longer non disconnect period.

The only way to avoid this is to top up enough to stop your balance dropping below £0.
View original

6 replies

100% whole heartedly agree. Provider is a joke to me at the minute, I might as well be p***ing my money down the toilette with the amount of times I've had to top up recently... the prices they charge for you simply existing is beyond reasoning or rationality too. You should be charged for what you use. NOT JUST EXISTING.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
The minimum top up on smart meters is £5, @Choldstock2019. I think you're talking about paying the negative balance when you enter your non disconnect period.

With PAYG+ you don't get a monetary amount of emergency credit, you get a 24-hour ‘non-disconnect’ period. That means you’ll still get gas and electricity for the next 24 hours without needing to top up. You'll pay for the energy you've used during this period when you top up next.

If your meter runs out of credit during weekends, bank holidays and evenings you won't go off supply, you'll get a longer non disconnect period.

The only way to avoid this is to top up enough to stop your balance dropping below £0.
I am a PAYG+ customer what is the minimum that I can topup at paypoint.
Userlevel 3
Badge +1
I am a PAYG+ customer what is the minimum that I can topup at paypoint.

Hey @IRB60 , the answer to your question is above 👆🏻, minimum top up at a PayPoint is £5. ☺
Userlevel 1
so what happens if you cant get to top up in the 24 hour period? say for example you dont get paid for a further 5 days? and have no access to get anything to top up with? there needs to be a £30 emergency as I was told when i signed up in the first place. 😤
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hey @dmnhrdy0210, I've just responded to you about this one in your other topic.

The 'emergency boost' feature is there for situations like you've described, if you're unable to top up for a while.

Here's a link with all the info you need on the subject: https://forum.boostpower.co.uk/smart-payg-23/check-this-out-emergency-boost-1011

Thanks!
Ed