Solved

Why aren't both my energy supplies showing on the Boost app?

• 19 July 2020
  • 6 replies

Had the smart meters fitted on 7 July. The app is only showing the electric usage and no gas, and the IHD used to show both but now only shows gas usage.

icon

Best answer by Bradley_Boost 20 July 2020, 16:04

Hey @MikeYorks 

I’ve slightly changed your topic to make it more accessible for other Boost users that may be experiencing the same issue as you.

From the sound of your question, it appears that only the electricity supply has been upgraded to our PAYG+ mode. Whereas, the gas appears to still be in our PAYG Standard mode.

Boost should be able to answer this question quickly, and if this is the case, get your gas meter upgraded asap to join your electricity supply on the Boost app. 

Give our Boost team a quick poke via their Facebook page or Twitter, and let me know how you get on.

All the best,

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @MikeYorks 

I’ve slightly changed your topic to make it more accessible for other Boost users that may be experiencing the same issue as you.

From the sound of your question, it appears that only the electricity supply has been upgraded to our PAYG+ mode. Whereas, the gas appears to still be in our PAYG Standard mode.

Boost should be able to answer this question quickly, and if this is the case, get your gas meter upgraded asap to join your electricity supply on the Boost app. 

Give our Boost team a quick poke via their Facebook page or Twitter, and let me know how you get on.

All the best,

Userlevel 1

@MikeYorks When you say it’s only showing Electricity, is that because it just says “Electricity” above the balance? There is only a singe balance on the Boost PAYG+ app for both Gas and Electricity.

The app also tells you that you should not be using the usage on the IHD anymore, but should look at the usage in the app instead.

@MikeYorks When you say it’s only showing Electricity, is that because it just says “Electricity” above the balance? There is only a singe balance on the Boost PAYG+ app for both Gas and Electricity.

The app also tells you that you should not be using the usage on the IHD anymore, but should look at the usage in the app instead.

No the app says “Gas and Electric balance” and the amount available - Then when you go to usage it is only giving me electric (standing charge £0.27 and electric usage) no gas.

The balance is also saying excludes the last 8 days - It hasn’t updated any usage of electric since 5 September.

I keep messaging customer services and have done for the past 2 months, but all I get is keep making sure you top up enough to cover the gas usage as it will eventually deduct this as a whole for the period since install.

To be honest this isnt good enough, and the whole reason I went with Boost was to prevent any issues and I could see exactly what I am using. But not in this case, instead im going to be hit with a gas bill as if im on a credit meter!

Thanks

Userlevel 1

@MikeYorks Sounds like it might be an issue with your meter connectivity then. My smart meters occasionally stop communicating too (I have very bad signal in my flat), but short of sending an engineer out to check if your meter itself is faulty I don’t think there’s much they can do. If it’s just bad signal no supplier will be able to fix that.

That would only explain usage being missing though, not standing charges 🤔

@MikeYorks Sounds like it might be an issue with your meter connectivity then. My smart meters occasionally stop communicating too (I have very bad signal in my flat), but short of sending an engineer out to check if your meter itself is faulty I don’t think there’s much they can do. If it’s just bad signal no supplier will be able to fix that.

That would only explain usage being missing though, not standing charges 🤔

Do you work for Boost at all? 

Userlevel 1

@MikeYorks No, I’ve just talked to my supplier about meter issues before due to the aforementioned bad signal in my flat and that’s what was explained to me. I would assume Boost employees should all have some sort of badge or something on their accounts denoting they’re employees.