Solved

Why are auto top ups no longer available?

• 8 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Have been happily using Auto top up with my PAYG+ until Dec.19 when Boost decided they were unable to collect money through my DD with the bank. Nothing had changed my end, and on checking with my bank was told that they had not received any requests for payment from Boost since 15 Dec.19. Various replies from Boost made no sense, so thinking it might be my debit card, changed the card from which they could take the top up - no difference, so am continuing to top up manually, which rather defeats the object of PAYG+ and auto top up. Have double checked everything my end so the fault must have been with Boost. But are they prepared to help? Appears not. Only one answer in the end I suppose, but up until Dec.19 was very happy with my supply etc.

icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 16 April 2020, 17:18

Hi @mitchdh and @TriPhil,

It sounds like the card you’re trying to use for the Auto-Topups may not have been used on the account before.

You need to have made at least one topup payment with the card previously before being able to use it for an Auto/Rolling one.

Thanks

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 1

I’m sorry that I cant help you, but I am also in the samew position, 8 failed auto top-ups since February 2020.
The error message always reads,
There's been a problem with the payment you tried to make on 06/04/20 at 16:10. It didn't work because please perform initial web top up first.

Please try again online, using the app, or by visiting a PayPoint with your top-up card.

Which is ironic because that is what I have to do each time afterwards anyway

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @mitchdh and @TriPhil,

It sounds like the card you’re trying to use for the Auto-Topups may not have been used on the account before.

You need to have made at least one topup payment with the card previously before being able to use it for an Auto/Rolling one.

Thanks

Userlevel 1

@Nancy_Boost 
I use the same card usually straight afterwards, however yesterday it actually worked !

Thank you all for your replies. My original point was that I had been using my card for well over a year when Boost decided in their wisdom not to accept it. Everything OK my end but could not get a feasible answer from Boost. As the auto top-up is important to me I eventually changed the card on my Boost a/c and lo and behold, at the second attempt they actually accepted it. See - miracles do happen, and I hope I haven’t spoken too soon???!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Glad to hear it seems to be working now, @mitchdh and @TriPhil, and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

It’s a shame we didn’t manage to get to the bottom of what caused this, but do keep us posted if there are any further developments.

Cheers

Userlevel 1

Glad to hear it seems to be working now, @mitchdh and @TriPhil, and sorry for the inconvenience caused.

It’s a shame we didn’t manage to get to the bottom of what caused this, but do keep us posted if there are any further developments.

Cheers

Fun while it lasted, failed again, I won’t have to worry about it soon as this has made me consider switch ing providers now.