Solved

Topping up 'other amount' via app - can anyone help?

• 17 November 2018
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
Hi, i usually top up £15 a week on the app using the other amount option. But last week and this week it won't let me. Only letting me choose an amount already on the screen so this week as it wasn't pay week i topped up £10. I need to top up £5 to tide me over until im paid tuesday but its not letting me. I assume i can do it using my card at the shop but I wasn't planning on going anywhere tomorrow!
icon

Best answer by Vickijoe85 19 November 2018, 15:26

HI, I had to restart my phone for another reason and it started working again! Not sure if the app had updated and needed my phone restarting
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi Vicki sorry to learn of your problem this to me sounds like a technical fault best thing to do is email hello@boostpower.co.uk or send a Facebook message via messenger or Twitter to boost and explain to them
Or tomorrow call 0330 1027517
Please let us know how issue resolves
Kindest regards
Sophie xx
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hey @Vickijoe85 - you should still be able to top up with your Energy Payment Card at any PayPoint. Would you be able to post a screenshot showing what's happening when you try to top up £5?
Userlevel 1
HI, I had to restart my phone for another reason and it started working again! Not sure if the app had updated and needed my phone restarting
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Ok many thanks for your reply
Kindest regards
Sophie x
Userlevel 1
Hi, i usually top up £15 a week on the app using the other amount option. But last week and this week it won't let me. Only letting me choose an amount already on the screen so this week as it wasn't pay week i topped up £10. I need to top up £5 to tide me over until im paid tuesday but its not letting me. I assume i can do it using my card at the shop but I wasn't planning on going anywhere tomorrow!
If your desperate, you can ring them and they'll do it for you. One week I messed up and ran out, I obviously had no internet and no wi-fi signal on phone to use the app.....I lives miles from a shop and had was running late....luckily I found their No ...I called and they topped up for me 🙂

Hi ive signed up for the app but there is not a sections where it says add Card details for me to up on my phone!... Can anybody help please? 

R

Userlevel 1

@Renner I’m just guessing but, maybe they just use the card details you have stored on your PC/laptop...Have you tried to top up anyway to see what happens?
I’d be interested to know as I keep meaning to download the app myself.

Userlevel 1

If your desperate, you can ring them and they'll do it for you. One week I messed up and ran out, I obviously had no internet and no wi-fi signal on phone to use the app.....I lives miles from a shop and had was running late....luckily I found their No ...I called and they topped up for me 🙂

They now allow us to borrow emergency funds, beyond the usual 24 hrs. It is interest free.
​​​​​​​ you have to be below £1.00 credit to apply.