The Winter Wallet is back - find out how to start saving for the cold months!

• 17 April 2019
  • 9 replies
The Winter Wallet is back - find out how to start saving for the cold months!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
The sun has just started to rear its head, but we’re already thinking ahead to help you guys save money. Yes we know, we think we’re pretty great too 🙂

You may remember the Winter Wallet from last year, which allowed you to “piggybank” some credit and save it for when the colder weather hits. Well, it’s coming back soon, but with a few changes. Here’s some more info…

So how does it work?

☑As per last year, you need to sign up and set a target amount of savings to put away before 1st November 2019.

🔢We’ll then calculate how much you’d need to set aside on a daily basis in order to reach the target.

💰Once confirmed, we’ll take this daily amount from your main balance, and pop it in your Winter Wallet so you can start saving right away.

⏸If you need to, you can pause contributions if you don’t want to pay in this daily amount for a little while.

💵You can change your end target amount from £50 to £500 anytime you want.

🗓Once it gets to 1st November, you can access the funds in your wallet. You can choose a lump sum or small amounts at a time. Boom!

This is great, what else is new?

Well we’re glad you asked! This year, sign up to Winter Wallet and you’ll be able to take part in our new…….

Prize Draws!

The prize draw is free to participate in - you don’t need to pay anything extra. We’ll hold monthly prize draws on the 1st of each month, starting 1st May to 1st November 2019.

Everyone who pays into their Wallet once a day for a full month is eligible for the prize draw the next month. As long as you keep saving, you’ll automatically be entered every month.

If your one of the lucky ones, your cash prize will be credited straight into your Winter Wallet. You’ll have the option to transfer any winnings (but not anything already saved) straight away onto your main balance if you need to.

You can find more information about the Winter Wallet here.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi everyone, I’m loving that the winter wallet is back it’s a great idea but as well as my daily contributions can I top it up myself as well 💕
Userlevel 1
If I start saving with the winter wallet can I still apply for warm home discount this year.
Userlevel 1
Can you still apply for warm home discount if I save with the winter wallet
Userlevel 4
Badge
@Lynne I've moved your question over to this topic so you can see a bit more information on the topic.

To answer your question: you aren't able to add to the Winter Wallet as and when. When you set a target, the system will work out a daily contribution to reach the target, and will automatically transfer this amount every day.

Cheers,
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Mags1442,

You can still apply for the Warm Home Discount if you have the Winter Wallet, they're completely separate from one another.

You can pre-register for 2019/2020's Warm Home Discount here.

Thanks,
Ed
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Great to hear you are loving Winter Wallet @Lynne !!

Keep us posted on how your saving is going and make sure you tell us if you win any prizes along the way!!!! We look forward to hearing how you are getting on!

Darran
Userlevel 3
Badge
@Lynne I've moved your question over to this topic so you can see a bit more information on the topic.

To answer your question: you aren't able to add to the Winter Wallet as and when. When you set a target, the system will work out a daily contribution to reach the target, and will automatically transfer this amount every day.

Cheers,
Userlevel 3
Badge

Cheers,

Great thanks Ed
Userlevel 3
Badge
Great to hear you are loving Winter Wallet @Lynne !!

Keep us posted on how your saving is going and make sure you tell us if you win any prizes along the way!!!! We look forward to hearing how you are getting on!

Darran

I will thanks Darran