Solved

MyBoost Text Message Reminder Timing

• 23 August 2019
  • 3 replies

The text message reminders are very helpful, but I usually get them between 5am and 6am which wakes me up! Is there any way to stop them coming during unsociable hours. I don't want to change to automatic top-up, and I don't want to use my phone to restrict text messaging times, as this will stop all texts, including urgent ones. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by Bradley_Boost 23 August 2019, 17:14

Hi @beanbagels!

I've slightly modified your topic to make it a little more accessible for other users to find and hopefully help them.

The Boost systems are designed so that the smart meters send us the readings around midnight. Then, depending on how good the signal is, this gets calculated on our system and then updates are sent out to the Boost app and this prompts reminder texts and emails. However, you shouldn't be getting any reminders before 6am at the very earliest.

If you find it very distracting, you can pop on your app and remove the text reminders only, which still means you will get email reminders etc.

Hope this helps,
Bradley
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi @beanbagels!

I've slightly modified your topic to make it a little more accessible for other users to find and hopefully help them.

The Boost systems are designed so that the smart meters send us the readings around midnight. Then, depending on how good the signal is, this gets calculated on our system and then updates are sent out to the Boost app and this prompts reminder texts and emails. However, you shouldn't be getting any reminders before 6am at the very earliest.

If you find it very distracting, you can pop on your app and remove the text reminders only, which still means you will get email reminders etc.

Hope this helps,
Bradley
Is it possible to change when the Text/Email alerts send you a message ? As in change it so it alerts at £1 left or £8 left ?

Also is it possible to send these alerts to multiple people ? It seems like you can only put one email and one phone number.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Unfortunately not, @GamerGypps .

These are fixed and set in the system and cannot be changed at the moment.

If this is ever likely to change, we'll let all of our Pay as You Go+ customers know!

Cheers,
Bradley