Solved

My IHD isn't working - how long will it be until I get a replacement?

• 13 November 2018
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, I phoned nearly 3 month ago to say that my smart meter wasn’t working and they said they had sent one out... I didn’t receive it so again I reported it they said the same hung it’s been over a month and haven’t received any of these smart meters?
icon

Best answer by Eva_Boost 14 November 2018, 15:13

It sounds like you're talking about your In Home Display (IHD), this is the handheld device connected to your meters.

If your device is faulty, you'll need to send it back to us - we'll need to check what's wrong with it and try to repair it. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it.

We'll send you a free post sticker so you can return the device to us. If you haven't sent yours back yet, this could be what's causing a delay.

As Sophie said, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. We'd be happy to look into this for you.
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi the best thing to do if you are having no luck with calling is to email hello@boost.co.uk or send a message through Facebook messenger and they should sort this for you please let us know how you get on
Kindest regards
Sophie x
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
It sounds like you're talking about your In Home Display (IHD), this is the handheld device connected to your meters.

If your device is faulty, you'll need to send it back to us - we'll need to check what's wrong with it and try to repair it. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it.

We'll send you a free post sticker so you can return the device to us. If you haven't sent yours back yet, this could be what's causing a delay.

As Sophie said, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. We'd be happy to look into this for you.

Ahhhhh any tips to get the in home display to work? Just topped up and cannot switch on gas as the touchscreen is unresponsive on thr display on our in home meter??

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Sammyh180984 check out Eva’s message for info on what to do with a faulty In Home Display!

If your meter goes off though, you’ll need to get it back on at the meter itself. You’ll normally just need to press A A B, but if this doesn’t work, there’s more info on what to do here.