Solved

My IHD isn't working - how long will it be until I get a replacement?

• 13 November 2018
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello, I phoned nearly 3 month ago to say that my smart meter wasn’t working and they said they had sent one out... I didn’t receive it so again I reported it they said the same hung it’s been over a month and haven’t received any of these smart meters?
icon

Best answer by Eva_Boost 14 November 2018, 15:13

It sounds like you're talking about your In Home Display (IHD), this is the handheld device connected to your meters.

If your device is faulty, you'll need to send it back to us - we'll need to check what's wrong with it and try to repair it. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it.

We'll send you a free post sticker so you can return the device to us. If you haven't sent yours back yet, this could be what's causing a delay.

As Sophie said, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. We'd be happy to look into this for you.

Hi the best thing to do if you are having no luck with calling is to email hello@boost.co.uk or send a message through Facebook or Twitter and they should sort this for you please let us know how you get on
Kindest regards
Sophie x

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi the best thing to do if you are having no luck with calling is to email hello@boost.co.uk or send a message through Facebook or Twitter and they should sort this for you please let us know how you get on
Kindest regards
Sophie x

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

It sounds like you're talking about your In Home Display (IHD), this is the handheld device connected to your meters.

If your device is faulty, you'll need to send it back to us - we'll need to check what's wrong with it and try to repair it. If we can't repair it, we'll replace it.

We'll send you a free post sticker so you can return the device to us. If you haven't sent yours back yet, this could be what's causing a delay.

As Sophie said, send us a message on Facebook or Twitter with your name, DoB and account number. We'd be happy to look into this for you.

Kindest regards
Sophie x

Ahhhhh any tips to get the in home display to work? Just topped up and cannot switch on gas as the touchscreen is unresponsive on thr display on our in home meter??

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Sammyh180984 check out Eva’s message for info on what to do with a faulty In Home Display!

If your meter goes off though, you’ll need to get it back on at the meter itself. You’ll normally just need to press A A B, but if this doesn’t work, there’s more info on what to do here.

Hello, I recently changed over to you from utilita,I was told because my smart meters screen is very hard to read that I would be entitled to get a new meter that was the main reason for me changing over but as yet I havnt received one I have emailed a few times to chase this up but still nothing

Hi

The small meter which tells you how much energy you are using has gone awal. It will only show how much gas we are using, and the electricity is not registering at all. I have switched off, and back on again, but still not electricity reading.

Please advise asap?

Richard

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Bignuts69, @Bladerunner,

I’ve moved your question here to help you.

Check out @Sophie1983’s best answer above to find out what you need to do.

Thanks,

Bradley 

Hi 

My small monitoring meter keeps stopping, and then starts with only one service displaying. ( either Gas /Electric ) I have also checked the balance on my account online, and is naturally showing a reduction, but the display will only show me the top up history up to the 19th of February 2020.

How do I know the balance is correct, and how much Gas or Electricity has been used????

Can this be sorted pleaSE

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Bladerunner,

I’ve moved your post over here as the details here are relevant, especially the answers from @Eva_Boost and @Sophie1983.

Kindest regards
Sophie x

I have had a smart meter now for both gas and electric on one meter I have IHD monitor and has been working but today it just keeps turning on and off I’ve tried turning it off … then switching it back on it says it’s connected to my internet but all it does it keeps turning off every couple of minutes then back on and it has done this all day and I can’t reset it or nothing also it’s plug in so has full battery… why won’t this work plz 

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Beverley judd, I’ve moved your message over here, as it’s relevant to this topic.

To cut a long story short though, please get in touch if yor IHD needs replacing. You can call us on 0330 102 7517 between 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday, email us at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,

Ed