Solved

My IHD is showing very large figures, what's happening?

• 22 April 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi

For the past two, to three weeks, my smart meter has not been talking to my small display  meter inside my house. When I have checked my account, it display’s 0.51, and 0.64 daily for a number of day’s, which so I am told, is just the daily service charge. Then all of a sudden, a sum of 86.00, 94.00 has been taken from my account! I have no record of what I have used per day because the meters are not talking to each other.

How am I supposed to be able to check that what I have been charged, is accurate, and true? I would like this situation remedied as soon as possible please?

Regards

Richard

icon

Best answer by Bradley_Boost 23 April 2020, 10:22

Hey @Bladerunner 

I’ve slightly changed your topic to make it more accessible for other users to find, in case they’re having the same experiences.

The issue you’ve described above, looks like it could be due to a couple of reasons. Common issues are:

• Signal issues: If the smart meters are, either, not sending up to date readings to us, or they are being sent quite a lot later than they are being requested, this could explain the high figures you’re seeing on the IHD.
  • You’re set up as a Pay as You Go + customer (PAYG+): If you’ve recently been upgraded to PAYG+, this means all of the information you’d usually see on your IHD is now transferred across to the Boost app. We advise customers in this mode to turn off their IHD’s and focus on the app, because the information being shown will not be accurate or useful any more.

If you’re not set up as PAYG+, then it would be worth reaching out to the Boost team to make sure the smart meters are working properly.

You can reach the Boost team via email at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or you can reach them via their Facebook or Twitter account.

Hope that helps!

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Bladerunner 

I’ve slightly changed your topic to make it more accessible for other users to find, in case they’re having the same experiences.

The issue you’ve described above, looks like it could be due to a couple of reasons. Common issues are:

• Signal issues: If the smart meters are, either, not sending up to date readings to us, or they are being sent quite a lot later than they are being requested, this could explain the high figures you’re seeing on the IHD.
  • You’re set up as a Pay as You Go + customer (PAYG+): If you’ve recently been upgraded to PAYG+, this means all of the information you’d usually see on your IHD is now transferred across to the Boost app. We advise customers in this mode to turn off their IHD’s and focus on the app, because the information being shown will not be accurate or useful any more.

If you’re not set up as PAYG+, then it would be worth reaching out to the Boost team to make sure the smart meters are working properly.

You can reach the Boost team via email at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or you can reach them via their Facebook or Twitter account.

Hope that helps!

HI Bradley

Thanks for the prompt reply, but what is being done to remedy my problem?

Richard

Userlevel 5
Badge

We’d need you to get in touch with us to get your specific problem sorted @Bladerunner.

If you get in touch via the details Bradley provided, we’ll be able to work out which issue you have, and how to remedy it.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi

I would like to know what is happening about my situation?

Richard

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Is this the situation you’re referring to, @Bladerunner? You would need to get in touch with the team as @Ed_Boost and @Bradley_Boost have suggested.

Good Morning

I have tried several times this morning, to make contact with someone from boost customer support. All I am getting is a constant bleep, which indicates that the phones have been put on “ Block “ How am I to get a solution to my issue, if I can’t make contact with anyone from Boost??????

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @Bladerunner 

Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the phone lines are being managed so that our most vulnerable customers, or those with emergencies get priority.

This is why I specifically provided you with contact information so you can email the team or reach the social media team via Facebook or Twitter.

Give those avenues a try and let us know how you get on,

I had my metres fitted on the 18/02/2020, I had my balance transferred from my old metres into the new metres of £61.21.

from the metres being fitted I havnt had any balance come of my metres I still have the £61.21 currently on my metres, the smart metres is saying I’ve used over £500 year to date, how can this be I’m never in the house I’m always working , has anyone else had this issue????

im worried I’ll have to pay a massive bill which I don’t think I should as boost havnt done what they said they would deliver, to be connected in 5 working days and my balance will start going off the account immediately.

im considering moving to a new energy supplier and getting my old style metres back as this isn’t worth it 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Hey @Jim-93,

I’ve moved your post over here, so others on this topic can see this.

There are quite a few different things that this could relate to, so it’d be best to get in touch with us directly to get this sorted.

I’d recommend sending us a message on our Facebook or Twitter pages, but if you don’t have social media, your can email hello@boostpower.co.uk, or give us a call on 0330 102 7517.

We can take a look at your meters on our end, and if need be get a bit more info on the meters on your end in order to determine the issue, and get this fixed.

Thanks,

Ed