For the past two, to three weeks, my smart meter has not been talking to my small display meter inside my house. When I have checked my account, it display’s 0.51, and 0.64 daily for a number of day’s, which so I am told, is just the daily service charge. Then all of a sudden, a sum of 86.00, 94.00 has been taken from my account! I have no record of what I have used per day because the meters are not talking to each other.
How am I supposed to be able to check that what I have been charged, is accurate, and true? I would like this situation remedied as soon as possible please?
Best answer by Bradley_Boost
I’ve slightly changed your topic to make it more accessible for other users to find, in case they’re having the same experiences.
The issue you’ve described above, looks like it could be due to a couple of reasons. Common issues are:
- Signal issues: If the smart meters are, either, not sending up to date readings to us, or they are being sent quite a lot later than they are being requested, this could explain the high figures you’re seeing on the IHD.
- You’re set up as a Pay as You Go + customer (PAYG+): If you’ve recently been upgraded to PAYG+, this means all of the information you’d usually see on your IHD is now transferred across to the Boost app. We advise customers in this mode to turn off their IHD’s and focus on the app, because the information being shown will not be accurate or useful any more.
If you’re not set up as PAYG+, then it would be worth reaching out to the Boost team to make sure the smart meters are working properly.
Hope that helps!