Solved

Is it Possible for Multiple People to Access the App?

• 16 July 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi,
I am living with 2 others flat mates. As an account holder I only have access to the app which shows balances and allow me to top up.
can my flat mates download the app and top up by their selves without using my bank details?

Thanking in advance
Syed
icon

Best answer by Bradley_Boost 17 July 2019, 16:31

Hi @Shimul241980,

I've changed your topic slightly so that its easier to find for other users who maybe asking the same questions as you, to find the answer!

The simplest way to put this, is that they can access the app, but they'd have to use your login details to access it.

Basically, they'll be able to download the app and login to the same app account using your login details.

They can then add their own debit cards to the app (as additional cards) and then push a top up through their cards details if they want to top up the app instead of you.

They just won't be able to get their own personal apps, and you'll have to be happy for them to have access to the app and your personal information displayed on there (primarily your debit card details).

Hope that helps,
View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
Hi @Shimul241980,

I've changed your topic slightly so that its easier to find for other users who maybe asking the same questions as you, to find the answer!

The simplest way to put this, is that they can access the app, but they'd have to use your login details to access it.

Basically, they'll be able to download the app and login to the same app account using your login details.

They can then add their own debit cards to the app (as additional cards) and then push a top up through their cards details if they want to top up the app instead of you.

They just won't be able to get their own personal apps, and you'll have to be happy for them to have access to the app and your personal information displayed on there (primarily your debit card details).

Hope that helps,
Userlevel 1
Hi Bradley,

Thank you for your reply. This is not an ideal solution as I Don’t want other people to see my personal information. I am new to this smart+ meter and honestly not liking it. Can’t see the balance on the meter like traditional one, every time I went to check only managed to see kw been used etc. Gas/electric both has the same issue. I have the top up card which anyone can use in the house but how would they know when to do it? Please let know if any solution is available.

Thank you
Userlevel 4
Badge
When you're on the PAYG+ system, @Shimul241980, you can't see your balance on the smart meters, it's only available on the app.

In your situation, I suppose that's not ideal, as then only you can see the balance. It also means you're the only one that will receive notifications that it's running low as well.

The other option is changing the meter mode to PAYG standard, which works a lot more like the traditional Pay As You Go meters. You have a card for each supply, you go to the shops to top them up, but the balance shows on your meters, and you're alerted when it's low through the In Home Display.

Here's a bit more info on the differences: https://www.boostpower.co.uk/help/topics/payg/smart-payg/whats-the-difference-between-smart-payg-standard-and-smart-payg-prepayment-methods.html

If you'd like to switch to this mode, just let us know at hello@boostpower.co.uk, or via our Facebook or Twitter pages: https://www.facebook.com/boostpoweruk/ or https://twitter.com/boostpoweruk

Thanks!
Ed
Userlevel 1
Thank you