Introducing the Winter Wallet!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1
**UPDATE on 16/07/2019** - The Winter Wallet process has changed. Here's a link to the updated process!

We've only just waved goodbye to a great summer, and we're already starting to think about the colder weather! To get you guys prepared, we're introducing a new feature on the app called the Winter Wallet, and here's how it works...

🤳🏽 You'll see a new banner at the bottom of the page saying "Need help saving money for winter?". Click on it to get started.

💰 There's a quick explanation, and then you can set a target of how much you'd like to save up by 9th November.

💵 If you hit your target by this date, you'll get a bonus of 5% of your target added to your balance.

💳 To add to your Winter Wallet, you'll need to go through the normal topup process first.

🔢 Select how much you'd like to top up on your main balance, then proceed to the next page and select how much you'd like to add to your savings.

🚫 You don't always have to add to your Winter Wallet when you top up. If you don't want to, click "Not now" and then you can proceed to paying.

Things to note:

❗You can't move any of your savings across into your main balance until after 9th November. This is to keep them saved for the coldest period of winter.

📞 If you make a mistake (like accidentally adding to your Wallet when you didn't want to, or you added the wrong amount), you'll need to call our Customer Services team on 0330 102 7517 to sort this out.

If you've got any questions about this or need any help, comment below!

Happy saving everyone!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
FINALLY this was long overdue - am already saving In mine 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
FINALLY this was long overdue - am already saving In mine :)

What target have you set @mattj3135? Soooo glad you like the feature, we've had a lot of great feedback on it so far!!

Should help you all manage the winter more effectively and balance out your top ups!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
@Darran_Boost unfortunately I did it on my old phone spit wouldn't let me increase it from £60 -£100 nevertheless I will still aim for the 100 as it's only two quid bonus I'll loose lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
so I'm hit £66 out of my £60 target, can I have two winter wallets please hahaha
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Hi @mattj3135 Great news you have already hit your target!!

Not possible to have 2 at the moment, but good feedback all the same!!

Keep topping it up where you can, it will definitely help you over winter balance out your spend on increased usage when it gets even colder!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
so will having a winter wallet have any negative impact on my WHD application? 🧐 just a thought.
Userlevel 5
Badge +2
Absolutely not @mattj3135 ! This is an just an extra bonus to help you save for winter!
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
I think a good way to improve on winter wallet is to not only have the option to have one in 1st place but to start the winter wallet as soon as the winter period ends as this would benefit everyone particularly in light of the government's universal credit coming in where people will only be paid there benefits monthly therefore by having the option of saving most of the year round this will help people achieve more realistic individual savings target vs only a number of weeks before winter period sets in
Hi everyone I’m new to boost am I’m just trying to work out I’ve heard a lot about this winter wallet but I can’t seem to find it on either of the app or the website could anyone point me in the right direction
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Jjwright04 - It's not live for Winter 2019 just yet! Last winter was a trial, and due to the overwhelmingly positive feedback, we should be adding the Winter Wallet back into your apps around September/October 2019.
Userlevel 1
The winter wallet idea is great but leaving it until sept/Oct isn't so great. Yes, I know I can top up more than I need but the fact I couldnth use the money til November made it ito easier to save as I wasn't tempted to hold off paying the extra.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @Tam75 - Thanks for the feedback! We'll pass this on.
Userlevel 6
Badge +2

*01/11/2019* The Winter Wallet savings period ended today so, see this topic for more info