I've just moved in and I have no energy - What do I need to do?

• 27 September 2019
  • 10 replies

Hi, we've just moved into the property and need our gas and electric on please

10 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @37 dodswell grove,

When you move in to a new property, you'll need to contact the Customer Care Team on 0330 102 7517. They'll take your details and get a new account set up for you, and get you back on supply!

In the future, if you ever go off supply, we'd always recommend calling them, as we can't guarantee immediate responses here, or on our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks,
Ed

Hi,

I moved into a property that had debt on the 31st October. We paid off the debt as we had to have power on in the house, can boost refund that credit to us?

Also, there was a powercut on Sunday and the screen is blank (there is power to the house and the meter, the screen is lit but blank), I have booked a replacement however that will not happen until the 12th December, do I need to keep topping up the meter as I have no clue how much is on it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey @sclark96 

I’ve moved your topic to this existing one to help you.

If you follow @Ed_Boost’s advice above we should be able to help you get back on supply and raise codes to help refund any credit owed to you.

Also, if there is any issue with the smart meter equipment, the team should also be able to get this rectified at the same time.

Let us know how you get on,

Bradley 

Hi Bradley,

I’ve created an account but there was no mention of reparation.

Also my question was if the existing traditional meter needs topping up as I cannot see the funds in it after we topped it up

Userlevel 4
Badge

@sclark96 you’re in a bit of an odd situation there.

We’re unable to book an emergency appointment, as the engineers define an emergency as a customer with no supply. So we book a regular appointment, which is the next earliest appointment we can book.

If you’re able to top up, I’d recommend doing this, to keep yourself on supply. Keep hold of your receipts, however, as if it doesn’t work, we’ll need to refund any top-ups onto your new meter.

If you go off supply and can’t get back on, give us a call on 0330 102 7517 and we’ll get an engineer to your property as an emergency.

After having my supply hijacked by Economy a while back I didn't get round to switching or updating my details with them assumed they'd have the correct ones and then when Boost took over I had a letter but it was in my landlord's name? He doesn't even live at the address I've been here for over 5 years. So I rang Boost up a few weeks ago to tell them it's only me that lives here and was assured that they've updated my details. I went onto the website earlier and created online account to see if it had details of why I'm getting extorted with my gas supply and it greeted me with landlord's name! It also thinks I've signed up for a smart meter which I haven't at all then it leads to nowhere or no options other than telling you your smart meter is on the way

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Ihatethieves - I’ve moved your post over here to a topic about moving homes. The same applies to your scenario - you’ll need to call the team to set up a new account in your own name.

Thanks!

I've already done that and haven't moved homes I've been at the same address for 6 years!

I've already done that I spent half an hour waiting and I clearly explained that he doesn't live here and I'm the only tenant therefore PUT IT IN MY NAME. When I type in my email on this site it greets my landlord

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

That’s really odd, @Ihatethieves., please pop our team a message on Facebook, they’ll be able to look into this today. If you don’t have Facebook you can email the team here: hello@boostpower.co.uk, or give the team a call. 

I hope this helps!