Solved

I had my smart meters installed more than 48 hours ago, but my online account still isn't set up - why?

I had my smart meter installed on Friday morning my account is still saying we are setting up your payg+ account and that it may take up to 48 hours does anyone Know how long it usually is before I can use the app and see my balance etc thanks
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 24 May 2018, 15:12

Hi @Tenaciousdandy79

Thanks for posting- hopefully youre fully on-board and able to use the app now? It can take a few days to fully synchonise the meters and boosts systems together.
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @Tenaciousdandy79

Thanks for posting- hopefully youre fully on-board and able to use the app now? It can take a few days to fully synchonise the meters and boosts systems together.
I had my smart meters fitted on Wednesday and on my app it says to confirm installation is completed which it now is. It says on the app it’s setting up PAYG+ so I can’t currently do anything on it. But I received an email early yesterday morning to say the account was up and running and I can now start using my app to top up??? What am I doing wrong????
Userlevel 7
Badge +1
hey @Laurenpegrum please, fear not! this is actually quiet common as it can still take a few more days for the connection between your meters and boost systems to be verified and complete, despite the email you've recieved slightly early (computer generated)

for peace of mind though as always you can reach out to the boost customer care team via Facebook, Twitter, email or phone to confirm the stage of your online account activation.

also did you know boost will not cut off supply on a weekend or bank holiday?, so you wont go without!
Thank you. So is there any way I can check my account balance in the meantime?
Smart meter were installed Monday 18th Feb. Cannot access account on app it keeps saying we are installing your smart meter on 18th Feb. So frustrating! I have no idea what credit I have, cannot top up even if I needed to, no idea how to use meter as no instructions left, plus you robbed over £20 of my electric credit from previous meter with economy energy. This is a joke! I need answers and I need this resolved.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
Hi @Ken81,

Has your app updates itself yet? If it hasn't send us a message on Facebook so we can look into this: m.me/boostpoweruk.

Until your app is fully set up, you'll need to use your energy payment card at the PayPoint to add credit to your meter. You won't be able to see your balance, but we'll send you an email when your balance is getting low, and we'll send another one when your balance drops below £0.

We wouldn't have stolen your money, your credit will be transferred to your smart meters in 5 working days.
HI, I had my new smart meters fitted on Wednesday 13th March, cant get access to this Boost app? and the top up card used at the pay point has been rejected!, I need both Gas and Electric top ups, Im going to run out of supply, why am I still get frustrated with this company?, just wish I had never changed!
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
HI, I had my new smart meters fitted on Wednesday 13th March, cant get access to this Boost app? and the top up card used at the pay point has been rejected!, I need both Gas and Electric top ups, Im going to run out of supply, why am I still get frustrated with this company?, just wish I had never changed!

Did you get this sorted, @HNicholson? If not send us a message on Facebook or call the team on 0330 102 7517. We'd be happy to help with this.