Solved

I can't top up because of an error message - "An error has occurred, please try again later" - what's wrong?

• 23 October 2019
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 29 October 2019, 14:12

Hi all,

I just thought I’d chime in and confirm there was technical issue that affected some customers, but this should now be resolved.

If anyone else is experiencing issues like this, please get in touch with us on 0330 102 7517 if it’s urgent. If it’s not urgent, you can send us an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks!

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 1

I'm getting the error message in the attached picture, there is money available on the card, I have tried deleting and replacing the card but cannot top up. I'm going to be disconnected today! How do I resolve this? Customer service as usual has not replied to messages/contact form... I'm expecting a reply sometime next week... 

Userlevel 1

I have the same issue for over a week with the App, when I eventually got through to their help line they suggested a password reset, THIS A TECHNICAL FAULT!! NOT PASSWORD RELATED!!, its still broke, I am unable to top up via SMS as I need to make a least one payment via my online boost account but that’s broke as well, I cant find my paypoint top up cards and my credit is almost spent, I am now going to switch over to Bulb as they have a better system and are cheaper by all accounts, I am a very unhappy customer. very poor customer care, they are not able to understand the fault and support it, its a shame as I have been with them for 4 years with no issue and was happy with the top up system

Userlevel 1

I'm getting the error message in the attached picture, there is money available on the card, I have tried deleting and replacing the card but cannot top up. I'm going to be disconnected today! How do I resolve this? Customer service as usual has not replied to messages/contact form... I'm expecting a reply sometime next week... 

Userlevel 1

I've also tried a password reset, still the same issue. 

Userlevel 1

I called them today and spoke to a helpfull person, she advised me that there they are looking into the issues as described and will get back to me, in the meantime they have sent out a new topup card and emailed me the card number which I can use at the Paypoint until the card arrives, she seemed to understand that there is a technical issue on the account causing the payment problem - Lets see if this gets fixed or if I’m going to spend the weekend reading a book by candlelight! I also advised other people seem to be getting the same issue

Userlevel 1

My issue has now been fixed, thanks for getting this resolved

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi all,

I just thought I’d chime in and confirm there was technical issue that affected some customers, but this should now be resolved.

If anyone else is experiencing issues like this, please get in touch with us on 0330 102 7517 if it’s urgent. If it’s not urgent, you can send us an email to hello@boostpower.co.uk, or send us a message to our Facebook or Twitter pages.

Thanks!

I still can’t top up via the app. 

Ive used the same card for over a year 

contacted my bank theirs money in my account and no problems with debit card. 

Ive emailed boost but no reply as yet 

any advise please??

Userlevel 4
Badge

@Tilly mint as with most issues, I’d recommend deleting the app, and re-installing it again.

9 times out of 10, any issues are fixed by doing this, as it’ll make sure you’ve got the most recent version.

We’ll get back to your email within 72 hours, but if you want a quicker response, you can contact us via our Facebook or Twitter pages.

I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still no joy