Solved

I can't see an up-to-date balance - why?

• 18 November 2019
  • 2 replies

I topped up £8 on the meter today and it shows that I used over £11 emergency credit over the weekend. I also topped up £10 last week Tuesday. Yesterday the meter was showing I had no emergency and in use of £8.00 today it cut off. You can’t actually see the amounts you used or haven't used. The fact that it's been problem after problem with this company. I never seen anything like this before. I will definitely be changing over from this energy provider.

icon

Best answer by Ed_Boost 18 November 2019, 16:08

Hey @YoBruv, I’ve just merged your topics together, and updated the title, so that other users can find this a bit easier!

What system are you on? Are you referring to the app here?

If so, we take the balance of once a day, as close to midnight as we can. There’s a tactical reason for this, it means you have more time to top up when you run out.

Let's say you run out of credit at11am, if we took the balance off as you use it, the 24 hour emergency period would start, and you’d end up off supply by 11am the next day. If we update the balance only at midnight, you’d go into the 24 hour emergency at midnight that night, which would run out midnight the following night. As you can only disconnect between 10am - 4pm weekdays, this would then keep you going until 10am the next day.

You can see all your usage on the usage section of the app, where it can be broken down into months, weeks or days.

View original

2 replies

Question for boost: I would like to know if the emergency credit on the gas is variable up to £11

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @YoBruv, I’ve just merged your topics together, and updated the title, so that other users can find this a bit easier!

What system are you on? Are you referring to the app here?

If so, we take the balance of once a day, as close to midnight as we can. There’s a tactical reason for this, it means you have more time to top up when you run out.

Let's say you run out of credit at11am, if we took the balance off as you use it, the 24 hour emergency period would start, and you’d end up off supply by 11am the next day. If we update the balance only at midnight, you’d go into the 24 hour emergency at midnight that night, which would run out midnight the following night. As you can only disconnect between 10am - 4pm weekdays, this would then keep you going until 10am the next day.

You can see all your usage on the usage section of the app, where it can be broken down into months, weeks or days.