Question

Huawei phone users not able to use the new app - How can I see my balance and top-up codes?

Userlevel 5
Badge

As we all are too aware of Boost has changed big time. Those of us with newer Huawei phones know only too well so have they. Huawei is barred from using Google play apps due to a law passed by the USA. This means we can't have the new app and the online browser doesn't appear to show the bar codes required for topping up or the balances on our accounts, at least mine doesn't as seen below. Have any new Huawei users found a get round for this?

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Sorry to hear that your phone is not compatible with the new Boost App, @Smiter.

We wanted to check we’re giving you accurate info as to how you can view your balance and top-up codes instead so we’ve taken this one to the team. They’ve advised that at the moment the browser version doesn’t show a snapshot of your balance - but this is something we’ve suggested as a future improvement as we know this will make all the difference to people who can’t use the app for any reason.

In your case it’s a real priority to get an IHD sent out so you can use this to keep track of your balance instead. We do have an online form to request one here or if it’s more urgent give our Support team a call on 0330 102 7517 and they can request one for you.

If you have a Secure Liberty smart meter you can check your balance on the meter:

• You can press 7 on the meter to see your balance

• You can press 5 on your meter to see how much debt you have left

As for finding your top-up barcodes, we’ve been advised that these aren’t currently available on the browser version  - so sorry. The long numbers shown on that screenshot can be used instead, you’ll just need to make a note of them to give at the Paypoint. 

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I have already applied for an ihd. I have to say that, like so many others on the forum, I feel that boost have taken a major step backwards with their app. I've always praised your system as being simple and effective. Not now. 😒😒

Userlevel 1

I have already applied for an ihd.

That’s good to hear, @Smiter - having an IHD will make things so much easier in terms of seeing your balance.

I have to say that, like so many others on the forum, I feel that boost have taken a major step backwards with their app. I've always praised your system as being simple and effective. Not now. 😒😒

It’s disappointing to hear you’re missing the simplicity of using the Boost app - we’re taking onboard the feedback and have already made improvements to the new app (which includes being able to view a midnight snapshot of your balance the next day) - just really sorry that your phone model isn’t allowing you to use the app at the moment.

We’ve already passed on your feedback about the information available on the browser version so hoping the suggested improvements will also be made there soon.