Solved

How much longer will I have to wait before I get smart meters installed?

• 5 February 2018
  • 7 replies

I've been waiting over a year for a smart-meter.

I only switched to OVO (as it was) because I wanted the smart meter features (top up in app etc), even though a price comparison showed they weren't the cheapest.

I check every month or so, and get told no engineers in my area, and they will email me when they are there.

Today I finally got an email telling me engineers are finally in my area.

I click through 25 minutes after the email is sent and surprise surprise, no engineers in my area.

I could kind of understand if I lived in the Shetland Islands or somewhere really remote, but I live in Central London.

I just got off the phone with someone who confirmed that there "might" be someone available in April, I just have to keep checking, as there is nothing she could do to expedite the process. Not her fault, but a ridiculous situation

OVO/Boost shouldn't sign up customers if they don't have the resources to serve them. Frankly I feel like I was mis-sold

Has anyone else had such problems with getting an installation?
icon

Best answer by mattj3135 6 February 2018, 21:12

Hi @MrWeeble thanks for posting, Its good to see you posting here, not so good to hear about your difficulties getting a smart meter.

Boosts' tech is clearly in high demand in your area, if you desperately want to get a smart meter id advise you reach out to the customer care team and ask to be put on the waiting list and to be contacted as soon a slot is available.

If you can wait a few more months I would suggest waiting until the wider industry launches the SMET2 meters so you have the latest tech in just one meter exchange! If I'd have known SMET2 was in the pipeline I'd have waited for those beforehand getting my SMEt1 meters fitted
View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
Hi @MrWeeble thanks for posting, Its good to see you posting here, not so good to hear about your difficulties getting a smart meter.

Boosts' tech is clearly in high demand in your area, if you desperately want to get a smart meter id advise you reach out to the customer care team and ask to be put on the waiting list and to be contacted as soon a slot is available.

If you can wait a few more months I would suggest waiting until the wider industry launches the SMET2 meters so you have the latest tech in just one meter exchange! If I'd have known SMET2 was in the pipeline I'd have waited for those beforehand getting my SMEt1 meters fitted
I have been with boost over 4 months now and try and book an installation every week but I'm always told that there is no available appointments. I was told when I first switched that I would have smart metres within 6 weeks. I am disabled and unable to reach either of my metres needing me to rely on others around me who are not always around
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
I'm sorry we haven't been able to install your smart meter yet, @Kez2004 .Check out Matt's best answer at the top, for more info on this!

If you'd like us to add you to the call back list, just send us a message on Facebook our Twitter. You'll just need to confirm your full name, DoB and full address.

Eva
Userlevel 1
Please if you can affoid a smart meter of this company don't get one they are so expensive ...
Userlevel 5
Badge +1
Hi @pivvy1967 - having a smart meter installed won't change your unit rates and standing charges. Your tariff will remain exactly the same as with your old meter. The only thing that changes is the ways that you can pay.
Joined Boost in March but am unable to get a meter install... is it just me? I am checking all the time but only ever get the following message, any ideas?

Smart meter booking and installation is provided by our partner OVO Energy.

This will take you to OVO Energy for your smart meter booking.

Unfortunately we haven’t got any engineers available to install your smart meter in your area at the moment. We’ll notify you immediately as soon as the situation changes. In the meantime you can enjoy your new Boost rates thanks to your key and card.
Userlevel 4
Badge
Hi @Vicky71, I've moved your message here so you can see the other answers!

Thanks,
Ed