Solved

How can I work out if there's an issue with my gas meter?

• 1 October 2018
  • 6 replies

How can I tell if my meter is working correctly my boiler isn't working I have to establish if it's the gas supply or boiler but the front of my meter is blank
icon

Best answer by Nancy_Boost 2 October 2018, 13:24

Updatred 09/09/2020

You can email the team here: hello@boostpower.co.uk, or drop a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter.

Hi @Jackietidey,

Here's some things you could check, too:

• There's usually a light on your meter indicating it's on. If you can't see this, the meter may have gone off.
  • You can usually "wake up" your meter screen by pressing one of the buttons on it. Check to see if this works.
  • Check other gas appliances in your property, like the hob. If this works, the issue might be isolated to the boiler.

Do let us know if you need any further help.

Nancy

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1
you should have something on the gas meter display @Jackietidey your best to reach out to the customer care team, via Facebook, Twitter or phone who can run a quick diagnostics to confirm the best course of action for you.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Updatred 09/09/2020

You can email the team here: hello@boostpower.co.uk, or drop a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter.

Hi @Jackietidey,

Here's some things you could check, too:

• There's usually a light on your meter indicating it's on. If you can't see this, the meter may have gone off.
  • You can usually "wake up" your meter screen by pressing one of the buttons on it. Check to see if this works.
  • Check other gas appliances in your property, like the hob. If this works, the issue might be isolated to the boiler.

Do let us know if you need any further help.

Nancy

Hi, my gas meter display is blank and I'm not getting any gas. Tried pressing buttons on meter but nothing is working. I've tried ringing boost but they're closed! Sent them a message on Facebook, but just wondered if there is anything else I can try? Thanks.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
We already had a topic on this, @wandy312, so i've moved your question over here.

Hopefully we were able to help over on Facebook, however if you're off supply you'll need to give our Customer Care team a call ASAP.

You can call them on 0330 102 7517, they're available Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-2pm.

Eva

PAYG gas meter turned off on sunday @ 9pm

It was in credit and suddenly the gas supply stopped and the screen on the meter is not working? I’m not sure whether its a battery problem? 

I have requested a call back from customer services, but the line was very poor when contacted and i was disconnected and no further attempt made?

I have also waiting on the customer service line for nearly 2hrs and been disconnected.

Please can someone advise a quicker way to request an engineer visit my property as i have been without heating and hot water for 2 days and i’m disabled.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’m sorry to hear of the difficulty getting in touch, @CJ Davis, I’m hoping you’re all sorted not, calling the team is the correct route to get an engineer to attend an emergency situation. 

Thanks!